Forum Index > Trail Talk > Bushwhacker Club Basic Glacier Climbing Course now taking applications
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
dkemp
DoxManDude

dkemp
DoxManDude
PostMon Feb 13, 2017 12:42 pm 
Hi there. The Bushwhacker Climbing Club - yes we really exist smile.gif - is now taking applications for the Basic Glacier Climbing Course. The club was founded in 2004 and has offered this class almost every year. We cover snow travel skills with ice axes as well as off trail navigation with map and compass. We teach crevasse rescue and attempt Mt Baker summit climb. The course is $375. Membership, $35, is required. Learn skills, climb mountains and most of all meet some friendly folks to share it all with. To learn more please visit our website. Bushwhacker Climbing Club Much appreciation to the admins for allowing us to post this here. Doxey

Get up early, go all day, come home tired.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostMon Feb 13, 2017 12:49 pm 
I heard the Mountaineers Basic Climbing Course is busting at the seams, with many on the wait list. I think they had to shrink the total count for some reason. People are spilling over into the Scrambling courses. Bet your course will be popular too!

cascadeclimber

cascadeclimber
PostMon Feb 13, 2017 7:03 pm 
Riverside Laker wrote:
I think they had to shrink the total count for some reason.
I counseled them (Sue Weckerly) to do that 15+ years ago when they routinely had people getting hurt and dying on climbs and class outings. The had too many people in groups with too few instructors, and many of the instructors were conscripted; teaching only because they had to to get through the intermediate course. Back then the response I got was "With the number of people trips we do it's inevitable that people are going to get hurt and killed". That was the very moment I knew I was done with them.

If not now, when?
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostMon Feb 13, 2017 9:47 pm 
dkemp wrote:
Hi there. The Bushwhacker Climbing Club - yes we really exist smile.gif - is now taking applications for the Basic Glacier Climbing Course. The club was founded in 2004 and has offered this class almost every year. We cover snow travel skills with ice axes as well as off trail navigation with map and compass. We teach crevasse rescue and attempt Mt Baker summit climb. The course is $375. Membership, $35, is required. Learn skills, climb mountains and most of all meet some friendly folks to share it all with. To learn more please visit our website. Bushwhacker Climbing Club Much appreciation to the admins for allowing us to post this here. Doxey
quoting the original post to keep this on track - a Bushwhacker Climbing Club course. And a quality club Bushwhackers is, too. Several good folks on this site have graduated from Bushwhackers.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
PorcupinePhobia
Murse

PorcupinePhobia
Murse
PostTue Feb 14, 2017 6:14 am 
I camped with some Bushwhacker folks on Gardner a couple years ago, seemed like a great bunch up.gif