Forum Index > Trail Talk > "The Bond" presentation Tuesday Feb 21 downtown Seattle
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wotan

wotan
PostSun Feb 19, 2017 9:19 am 
"The Bond" is an award winning book about the bond between climbers. The primary setting is first ascents in Alaska but a winter ascent of the Eiger Nordwand is part of it. https://www.amazon.com/Bond-Survival-Denali-Huntington-Legends/dp/1680510908/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487520861&sr=8-1&keywords=the+bond+survival+on+denali+and+mount+huntington
the bond presentation 2.21
the bond presentation 2.21
Mt Huntington NF Washburn sm
Mt Huntington NF Washburn sm

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ringangleclaw

Ringangleclaw
PostSun Feb 19, 2017 11:22 am 
I saw the late Jack Roberts slide show in 1979 about the first ascent. He was returning from the first winter ascent of Kitcheners Grand Central Couloir with the late Tobin Sorenson. Jack was in a wheelchair, and clearly on some pain meds. It was a awesome slideshow.

nordique

nordique
PostSun Feb 19, 2017 8:55 pm 
Sadly, a high number of the climber slide shows I've gone to, over many decades (I started rock climbing 56 years ago), were given by climbers who died not that long after I saw them. I don't recall when I went to a slide show by Tobin Sorenson--but I missed Jack Roberts--though read reports of his exploits for years.

Stella

Stella
PostSun Feb 19, 2017 9:46 pm 
The Bond is a terrific book, one of the best I read last year. It's the perfect combination of mountain adventures and remarkable people. I'm looking forward to the presentation.