Forum Index > Trip Reports > $%#& Moose and a South Summit Ski
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Mar 12, 2018 9:22 am 
The Okanogan has returned to being the Sunny Okanogan. So, I hopped on the Omak Ski Bus and we headed up to the Loup Loup area for a couple hours of granola skiing. It is spring, so the track was a little icy and choppy at first. There was one giant death cookie and smaller ones which tripped up one of our group. Before long, we started noticing some big bovine like tracks which punched through in places. After a closer look, we figgered that they were moose tracks--this was confirmed after we returned to the snowpark and talked to other skiers. Apparently, the moose was not aware of proper ski etiquette as it tore up the skating part of the trail and did not stick to walking along the edge. At least it did not poop on the trail.
Rude moose tracks. This went on for quite a ways until reaching a junction. We skied on, the temperature rose. Pretty soon our skis were grabbing in the sunny spots. We stopped to apply wax on our fish scale skis. I wondered if my wax could also be used for deodorant as it comes in a roll on form. We wished for chairs and snacks at this point in the trail. It don't get much better on a sunny day.
Cafe spot?? We went on. I felt like the little brother in A Christmas Story....WAIT UP GUYS! GUYYYYYS, WAIT UP! Nah, I wasn't that far behind. I am skiing conservatively due to a leg owie...that's my excuse.
There were cars in the parking area when we got back. The outhouse gives an idea of the current melting snowpack.
Nothing epic, but a good workout for us and a good way to get in the woods here. Oh, there was an unleashed wiener dog running hard behind his people and an unleashed very friendly and nice lab, no car break ins, no rude people, no dog log bags scattered, no litter, no scary hunters, no horses, etc.-- only the rude moose tracks.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
RichP

RichP
PostMon Mar 12, 2018 10:40 am 
Nice amount of snow over there. I hope wienie can keep up with its owners.

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostMon Mar 12, 2018 12:21 pm 
Thanks for the entertaining trip report, treeswarper. It looks like you are enjoying your move to the east side!