Forum Index > Gear Talk > good charger for "C" batteries
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
mike

mike
PostSat Mar 11, 2017 1:12 pm 
Maha has one for +$100. The others look cheap at around ±$30. I have a maha PowerX MHC9000 which works well for getting the most out of AA and 3A but I haven't been able to find an adapter for it that allows charging C cells. Just to clarify, I want to charge C cells not the blank adapters for AA to C. I already have those. The C cells out there should net 4000mAh vs. 2000mAh for the AA in a blank adapter. Ideally I would get a C cell holder that allows me to charge them in the MHC9000 if it is cost effective.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostMon Mar 13, 2017 8:36 am 
This $30 one gets average 4-stars @ 1200+ reviews, but it lacks a discharge/charge mode. That Maha $$$ charger looks nice. Where do you get your NiMH C cells? 5,000 mAh cells are available. ETA: This $30 one appears to have a discharge/charge mode.

mike

mike
PostMon Mar 13, 2017 3:39 pm 
I was looking at these two chargers. The Opus BT-C2000 looks pretty good but only charges 2 C/D at once. I need to charge 6 at a time for my work/play boombox. The Opus might make a decent and cheaper alternative to the MHC9000. This ANSMANN will charge 6 C's at a time which makes it the cheapest "all at once" charger and would allow me to drop 'em in and go to bed and have all 6 ready to go. At $90 it isn't cheaper than the Maha though. It also makes all of the choices for you and doesn't have the owner options like the maha. Maybe it's best to leave those choice to the charger... Or I could just buy two of thos $30 chargers that you linked...?? edit: a closer look reveals only 2 slots for C/D. frown.gif I'm also thinking about making some dummy inserts for the MHC9000 to allow charging 4 C's at a time. Material cost >$10. These are the C cells that I ordered. Rated 5000mAh so I figure net 4000+. I'll let you know how they work out.

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostWed Mar 15, 2017 7:52 am 
mike wrote:
I'll let you know how they work out.
Please do