Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Trailhead usage data?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Schroder

Schroder
PostTue Mar 28, 2017 3:17 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
I have had rangers ask for them on Granite Mountain and in the Enchantments and threaten to ticket if you do not produce them.
Granite Mountain? by Snoqualmie Pass? Enchantments is a self-issued Wilderness day permit but I've never heard of this on Granite Mtn.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Mar 28, 2017 3:30 pm 
Yeah, the one by snowcrummy pass, she was kind of a hot pencil type. Soon she ran off to look for unleashed dogs, go figure.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Windstorm

Windstorm
PostTue Mar 28, 2017 4:34 pm 
Schroder wrote:
Malachai Constant wrote:
I have had rangers ask for them on Granite Mountain and in the Enchantments and threaten to ticket if you do not produce them.
Granite Mountain? by Snoqualmie Pass? Enchantments is a self-issued Wilderness day permit but I've never heard of this on Granite Mtn.
Granite Mountain (at least the upper part) is within the Alpine Lakes Wilderness, so yes, you should be carrying one of the self-issued permits for day and overnight trips. https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mbs/recarea/?recid=79416

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 8:23 am 
If there is a register I sign in. I will not voluntarily hang a tag on my pack! Enchantments sure, not other places.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Apr 02, 2017 2:38 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
If there is a register I sign in. I will not voluntarily hang a tag on my pack! Enchantments sure, not other places.
For those wilderness ones, I write in my dog's name as the leader and put the tag on the dog. Dogs need to do some kind of work sometimes. The Used Dog was known to many of our local FS people--in a good way.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostMon Jun 19, 2017 10:52 pm 
The most overused trailheads are probably chronically out of the registeration and pack hang tags. I can't think seeing any along the I-90 corridor. My favorite hangouts Norse Peak, William Douglas, and Goat Rocks usually always has them at trailheads.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau