Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Mar 28, 2017 10:29 pm 
mike wrote:
What do I win? Is this like playing, "lowest REI # ?
I don't have a really low REI number because we all used Tony's membership number early on. Didn't get my own number until about 15 years ago. Native Washingtonian here, from the City of Destiny. Pierce County is the fastest growing county in the country right now. Go figure. confused.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostTue Mar 28, 2017 10:39 pm 
Group Health on the Hill in Seattle. My wife too. I lived about 80% of my life within four blocks of Greenlake. I'm getting a little cranky about all the people too.

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostTue Mar 28, 2017 10:44 pm 
Born at Swedish, grew up in Seattle. Myself, my brother, my dad and both my kids went to UW. My six digit REI number starts with 21 and I still have my REI goose down bag I waited in line all night for at the Capitol Hill store, bought for $35. So many cool places to explore here, don't need to go elsewhere. smile.gif

JimK

JimK
PostTue Mar 28, 2017 10:48 pm 
Seattle General Hospital. No, it does not exist any longer. It was just south of the Seattle Library. For18 years I lived south of Seattle and North Seattle ever since.

borank
Lake dork

borank
Lake dork
PostTue Mar 28, 2017 11:06 pm 
Everett General. Went to college in Arizona, but when I got my first post college job in Portland, I just had to live in Vancouver to be back in Washington. 5 digit REI #.

contour5

contour5
PostTue Mar 28, 2017 11:18 pm 
Born at Swedish, grew up on Lake Quashington. Went away for 25 years and came back to this mess. I still love this place- home is always home. I welcome the newcomers, the diversity, the growth, the future and all the insane challenges that we face to keep moving forward.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 5:05 am 
Born at Virginia Mason in the '50's My dad came here to work on the KC-135. I worked at Boeing for decade and MSFT for two. At MSFT a common question people asked each other while getting acquainted was "where are you from?" Folks were confused by my response of: "Here , I went to high school a mile from campus (Interlake)"

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 6:23 am 
Born in Lewis County but moved to Douglas County whilst a baby. I consider myself bisideual.. Parents born here too, and one set of grandparents, if it counts when it was a territory--eastside Scandihoovian Cowboy/Wheat Farmers. I was in exile for a few years but managed to return unscathed. I have been to Seattle maybe 3 times--I do not like it. It had too many people years ago so I can't imagine it now. I grew up in E. Wenatchee area and could not afford to live there now. Too lazy to go look up my REI number. It is from the 1970s. I have not bought much from them though. I've done informal surveys and it usually works out that 70% of people in a thrown together group are non-native. Snooty enough for ya? Now everybody else move to the east before the earthquake, tsunami, volcano, landslide, fire hits. Wonder if any of the REAL first peoples are on this forum. They are the original natives.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
gb

gb
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 6:30 am 
zephyr wrote:
mike wrote:
Is this like playing, "lowest REI # ?
and
Ringangleclaw wrote:
My REI number starts with 26 and is six digits long.
Uh, I can play this part of the game, but I'm sure I won't win. wink.gif I also have a six digit number, but it begins with 11. Heck--williswall beat me by a year. ~z .
My REI number starts with a 5 and is five digits long. All that means is I'm probably older. I'd trade you if I could..... wink.gif Since I started driving, remembering back to college, I-5 was somewhat crowded. And then came the big economic downturn of the early 70's and the freeway was noticeably more empty. Although, driving eventually got worse slowly, it has really changed in the past decade or so where bottlenecks appear where none were before. Skiing wise, I haven't really downhill skied since about 1986 but began skiing powder in earnest about 1966. For many years we saved runs at Stevens, Crystal, Baker, and Alpental for Sunday afternoons and they were still untracked. With more people, much easier gear to ski, and the "image" of being a powder skier being a "thing", that is now ancient history on lifts and is becoming so even in the backcountry - mostly in the past 15 years. I didn't hike in my youth but would carry my skis for summer skiing. But I met ski friends who hiked (one married my sister) and got into hiking with them. Hiking kind of bobbed along, changing little for many years. In fact, up until about fifteen years ago, it seemed (unlike skiing) to be a dying sport, as I noted that the only people hiking were middle aged and older and it seemed that that outdoor group was getting older with time. You just didn't see folks in their 20's and 30's hiking even rather recently. Now, no matter where I go, there are many younger folks out, which is good and bad. It means there are fewer places to find solitude, but it also means there are more people to potentially carry the messages of conservation and environment - at least in our corner of the country - the enlightened corner.

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 7:13 am 
I was born in Seattle and both my parents were born in WA. I have a 6-digit REI number starting with 44. My dad has a 5 digit number. One of our neighbors died the other day just a couple weeks short of her 101st birthday. She was born and died in the same house.

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 7:15 am 
Borne at Oberlake hopspital. Parents libed in Swellvue at da timb. Eastern Washington convert times 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (is that even a number? hockeygrin.gif ) Everytime I MUST head west I cant wait to get back East. The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! The traffic, the congestion, the people!?!?! REI# 1,008,000 Hmm, I wonder if Ive made my point? LOL hockeygrin.gif doh.gif moon.gif dizzy.gif hmmm.gif shakehead.gif winksmile.gif agree.gif mad.gif eek.gif rolleyes.gif clown.gif wink.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Schroder

Schroder
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 7:40 am 
Born in Ballard. My mother was born on a farm on Queen Anne Hill. I finally moved away from the I-5 corridor

Sculpin

Sculpin
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 7:54 am 
Moved here after I graduated from college. I like meeting folks on trails, although I will never hike up Mt. Si on a weekend again. Been here 33 years. If you blindfolded me and dropped me anywhere in the state in springtime, I could tell you the location to within a few tens of miles by the plants that grow there. My REI number begins with "13."

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 8:24 am 
Nativism is ugly down.gif I've lived in WA for 31 years and paid more B&O tax to support this state than 99%+ of native-born WAians REI# 679XXX issued in 1977

RichP

RichP
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 8:31 am 
The real natives are those that can trace their lineage back 100's of generations. Everyone else is a newcomer.