Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > REI Credit Card
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
reststep

reststep
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 7:59 pm 
My REI credit card doesn't work in the new card readers at the Fred Meyer gas station. Anyone else have this problem?

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 8:30 pm 
You probably have a defective chip. It happens. Just call and ask for a replacement card. That said, it may be a sign from above to seek a better credit card for non-REI purchases.

Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 8:32 pm 
I have had a couple places have to enter the number by hand. Not something mainstream like a Freds, but hole in the walls. They both said they had problems with REI cards before. What Tom said.

HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 9:03 pm 
I have been trying for the past 12 years to get a different credit card. Any card! And I have perfect credit. The problem is that I locked all three of my credit rating services and lost the passwords when I moved back to the US from overseas. I managed to unlock two of them but the last one would not deal with me. I even sent them notorized proof of my identy. Finally gave up trying around five years ago. It also makes it hard for me to get car and house insurance. At least I don't have to worry about anybody stealing my identify and opening new credit cards.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 9:25 pm 
What agency? Each credit card issuer tends to pull a different credit reporting agency, so one being frozen shouldn't exclude you from all issuers. Also, if your report is frozen some credit card issuers will pull a different agency. I think Capital One is the only issuer that will pull your credit report from all 3 agencies. In any case, I would try to unfreeze again. This site seems to have good info. https://thecreditguy.tv/unfreeze-credit-report-lost-pin/

gb

gb
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 10:55 pm 
reststep wrote:
My REI credit card doesn't work in the new card readers at the Fred Meyer gas station. Anyone else have this problem?
They say they are having problems with the card reader on REI cards. They say they will fix it..... You need to prepay.

HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostThu Mar 30, 2017 5:33 am 
Tom wrote:
What agency? Each credit card issuer tends to pull a different credit reporting agency, so one being frozen shouldn't exclude you from all issuers. Also, if your report is frozen some credit card issuers will pull a different agency.
Tom, Thanks for the link. PM sent.