Forum Index > Trip Reports > Wallace Lk and lost Samsung S8 cell phone
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
MtnManic

MtnManic
PostSun Mar 25, 2018 6:28 pm 
Will add (camera) photos later, but hiked up Woody Trail then Greg Ball Trail to Wallace Lk. Wore microspikes for the latter portion. Ice was softening up mid-day and not needed; some lovely "rubbery" snow at Wallace Lk. Had some sun and blue skies as well as some graupel. Trail wasn't crowded and only saw one dog with male hiker (up high) and a friendly dog with female hiker when nearly back to the parking lot. That may be a record for fewest dogs on the trail (and very well behaved, too). Only saw one doggie poop bag and that was pretty darn close to the parking lot. As to my cell phone, I used cell phone camera at the junction of old road and top of Greg Ball; when I got to the end of Greg Ball where it meets the Woody Trail, I was missing the camera. Up I hike again and down again, making a pretty good mileage day but did not find the camera. If any one finds it (and powers it on) the splash screen is a cabin in the snow.

Backpacking: limited to one pack at a time. Cameras: limited to as many as I can carry.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun Mar 25, 2018 6:37 pm 
Google has a useful "find my phone" feature that can show you where the phone last had contact with the network and also to useful things like ring, lock and erase the phone remotely (assuming it still has power and hasn't had it's SIM removed)

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message