Forum Index > Trip Reports > Not At All Epic, Wandering Around The Easy Part Of Palouse Falls
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Apr 24, 2017 8:30 am 
I hitched up the Plastic Trailer and drove over to the Palouse area to get some sun. I met up with old friends. We glamped at a KOA, which wasn't as bad as I feared. We even got a golf cart led guide to our spots and were guided in. We drove up to Palouse Falls at mid morning on Friday. I was surprised to see a half dozen cars already parked there, and folks wandering about. My friend and I have old owies from scrambling around on steep ground for a living, so we chose to stay on the easy ground. There are foot paths all over the place--looks like it is getting overrun. We had our dogs along--leashed but I stashed a full bag of poopage in a clump of grass and memorized the location. Not to worry, I picked it up on the way back to the now much more populated parking lot. I'd hate to visit that place on a weekend, it seemed like it was popular enough on a week day. The state folks had a sign up that said they were working on a management plan. Here are my non-professional pictures.
Note the tiny white speck in the upper left corner. I used the speck to tell my friend there was a person by that white mark on the rocks.
My friend zoomed in her camera and said it was not a speck, but a woman in a wedding dress.
She was posing for pictures. Note the photographer on all fours creeping down to a scary spot for more shots.
Look pouty, now work with me baby, smoosh in your cheeks....says the photographer to the model. Or so I imagined. Suffering for the sake of art....and other cliche's. Earlier in the day, we wandered across from the KOA to let the dogs run OFF LEASH! This was posted as public lands and there was a gap in the fence to wander through. Sagebrush had been transplanted in places. This was at the confluence of the Snake and Palouse Rivers.
The best part? I spent time in a warm, sunny place.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message