Forum Index > Trip Reports > Saddle Rock - Foothills Loop (Wenatchee)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostWed Apr 26, 2017 8:03 am 
I had originally thought of going over and hiking Sauer Mountain and checking on the wildflowers, views, and getting some quick exercise but once I left the house the mostly sunny day all ready started looking windy and cloudy, somewhat in the valley, but definitely outside it so I decided to do a loop in Wenatchee. The Balsam Root were spectacular on the Southern slopes with interspersed Lupine, Blue Bells, Spring Beauty's, Ball Head Waterleaf etc..., so it made for a scenic trip all though the place is changing. It's early and the trails are all ready hard and dusty but I did get some good quick exercise in by not taking any poles and keeping a fast non stop pace except for pictures. 5 mi, 2000' r/t.
Saddle Rock Loop
Saddle Rock Loop
Hokaa One Speed Hiker. I have had this pair for all most a year and hiked and backpacked in them.
Hokaa One Speed Hiker. I have had this pair for all most a year and hiked and backpacked in them.

Living in the Anthropocene
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostWed Apr 26, 2017 9:00 am 
Yup things are starting to bloom. Depending what time you were out we were probably within a stones throw of each other. I am going out early in the mornings so I can be back and take my wife to radiation at 9:00.

wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostWed Apr 26, 2017 9:09 am 
I didn't get out until 1100 hr. the wildflowers are pretty well populated to 2000'. I miss the Ridge route from Dry Gulch though.

Living in the Anthropocene