Forum Index > Partners > Wonder Mountain Wilderness Backpacking Trip
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ranger rock
One of the boys

ranger rock
One of the boys
PostMon May 01, 2017 12:06 pm 
I need a hiking partner or two for a trip to the Wonder Mountain Wilderness on around the last week of August. I have been there once and I know the way. I don't feel comfortable going there alone as there is a chance of injury due to brush crashing and this is a very remote hike. https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8012641&highlight=wonder+mt+mtn+mountain This is a VERY difficult hike on way trails and no trails. Two nights will be spent at the lakes recovering before the hike out. I am a woman, but am not opposed to hiking with a strange man as long as he is okay with being vetted by my husband. Obviously I would be more comfortable hiking with women or a couple or a known man. I hike slow and steady, I'm not a speed demon or a a long legged youngster. I will be bringing my dog, you can bring yours. My ideal hiking partner/s for this would have excellent route finding skills a sense of adventure and a strong will to never give up. Oh and you should be in good hiking shape too, this is a killer hike.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
ranger rock
One of the boys

ranger rock
One of the boys
PostWed Jun 07, 2017 7:23 am 
Bump, might have one partner lined up but they only want to do one night. I know from experience that this is brutal to do as a one nighter.

Twister

Twister
PostTue Jun 27, 2017 6:15 am 
A friend and I are interested in this hike. I've done lots of off trail hiking and live in grays harbor

ranger rock
One of the boys

ranger rock
One of the boys
PostMon Jul 10, 2017 6:14 pm 
Twister wrote:
A friend and I are interested in this hike. I've done lots of off trail hiking and live in grays harbor
Great, lets do it. I'm thinking the last week of August, blueberries should be good then.