Forum Index > Partners > John Muir Trail: Aug 21-Sep 11
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
lpevans

lpevans
PostThu May 04, 2017 11:25 pm 
Hello! I am an experienced camper and backpacker hiking the John Muir Trail this summer (Aug 21 - Sep 11, approximate) and am looking for up to 3 trail companions. Will obtain a permit at Lyell Canyon (first come first serve) and hike Southbound to Whitney. Lots of snow in the mountains this year so I pushed the hike to late August / early September thinking the stream crossings will be easier. Great opportunity to see one of our very own world famous trails and make new friends. I hiked the Torres del Paine W. with my cousin this winter and lots of people down there talked about the JMT. I thought, gosh, why travel so far away when I haven't explored some of our own backyard gems. Time to remedy that. Contact me if you are interested. Cheers, Luke

Luke Evans
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
sticky buns

sticky buns
PostFri May 05, 2017 8:50 am 
If you're not planning to already, I recommend leaving yourself some flexibility in start date or figuring out an alternate start location. When I did the trail in 2015, it was supposedly hard to get a walk-up. Good luck. It's beautiful down there!

lpevans

lpevans
PostSat May 06, 2017 2:50 pm 
Thank you, good advice. Thankfully my schedule is flexible so I can wait in line a few days if necessary. Stehekin Bakery has the best sticky buns I've ever tried, by the way.

Luke Evans