Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > You know who is likely to become very good - Seattle Storm
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
gb

gb
PostMon May 29, 2017 9:19 am 
I've watched 2-3 games on the TV and they have terrific young talent. They are likely to become very good as they play more together. They are fun to watch.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon May 29, 2017 4:36 pm 
I haven't seen them yet this year. Of course Stewie and Loyd are a nice pair of future stars to build around. Bird won't be around forever but she's not quite done yet. I'm pretty pleased to see Sami Whitcomb making an early impact for the team. I gotta think she's the oldest rookie in the league at 28. Graduated from UW in 2010, couldn't crack a roster spot in the WNBA til now but became a superstar in Australia in the interim. I do remember her, saw her play a few times while she was a Husky.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Jun 03, 2017 8:11 am 
What's that? lol.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
trestle

trestle
PostSun Jun 04, 2017 10:43 am 
The Western conference of the WNBA is pretty stacked with talent, from Minnesota to Phoenix and obviously Los Angeles. Competing against championship franchises on a regular basis will likely lead to some growing pains but Lloyd and Stewart are a great pair to build around. Stewart is a unique talent and hopefully continues to refine the killer instinct needed at the professional level, much as Lauren Jackson did. The quality of play in the WNBA gets better every year, in contrast with the NBA, and the ticket price offers a fair entertainment value. The guaranteed contracts and overpriced broadcasting rights of the NBA have ruined that league and their network partner ESPN.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Jun 04, 2017 12:50 pm 
I think the Storm found out how far they have left to go to be among the truly elite teams in the league yesterday. They got THUMPED by Minnesota, and that was even w/ Maya Moore having a poor game.