Forum Index > Pacific NW History > antiquities
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostMon Jun 19, 2017 5:02 pm 
antiquities,,, lester, chancellor and others. all torn down by state or persons. some for safety reasons others for the wood to burn in your campfires. I have seen people in rustic areas not use the privies because they are disgusting so they do their thing in the bush and leave it. Most of the areas have soft dirt and is easily kicked a hole and covered if yall dont like the disgusting smell or sight of the outhouses. maybe ya oughta bring a bag to do it in and take it out with you. there are many on the market that contain chemicals to help dissolve the crapola. and who are the people that shoot holes in the roofs of the old cabins, tear the doors off and knock out the windows??

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostWed Jun 21, 2017 7:42 am 
destroyer....agree entirely. Are these the same folks who vandalize lookouts? Break into your car at trailheads? Do graffiti everywhere including on remote rock faces? I've never understood the mentality at all. On a recent trip to Holden, we hiked up towards Hart Lake and many aspen trees were defaced with initials and other messages in the Wilderness!!! How f'ing rude! I think lobotomies are in order. shakehead.gif

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
Waterman

Waterman
PostFri Jun 30, 2017 8:35 pm 
In the misty past, Basque sheepherders carved many a tree. Historical artifacts now. Count your self lucky if you see them.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost