Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > smog in seattle area?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Jul 02, 2017 3:07 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
YET another good reason to move East like some of us have done. hockeygrin.gif
You won't escape it. Anybody who has lived in the valleys sucks in smoke and exhaust during the winter inversions. You may also luck out and have a wildfire burning nearby. Nope, you should go back to Seattle. Much better there. Just wait.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Jul 02, 2017 3:29 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
Backpacker Joe wrote:
You won't escape it. Anybody who has lived in the valleys sucks in smoke and exhaust during the winter inversions. You may also luck out and have a wildfire burning nearby. Nope, you should go back to Seattle. Much better there. Just wait.
Not even! Every time I have to go West I wish I didnt have to. lol.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostFri Jul 14, 2017 6:32 pm 
wildernessed wrote:
iron wrote:
think that's coming from puget sound? seems like with the winds in your area, it would be cleared out more readily.
If you look at the smog it is heavier in populated areas locally, the wind clears it out but a lack of wind allows it to back up valleys and canyons. This weather pattern we have had since last June has brought more wind helping alot with stagnation.
The population of Wenatchee and surrounding areas has grown to the point that I'm sure they're capable of generating their own smog without any help from Pugetopolis.

Alpendave

Alpendave
PostSat Jul 15, 2017 7:29 am 
I remember a ranger at Hurricane Ridge explaining the difference between smog and haze to someone who asked about the haze over the Olympics. Over the Olympics the haze was more or less white, but as one shifted their gaze over the Puget Sound area, the haze turned to a contrasting brown. Kinda glad that the smog seems to be quite a bit less on Hood Canal.

mike

mike
PostSat Jul 15, 2017 7:58 am 
Haze/smog over Puget Sound last evening. Over that was a band of smoke coming in from the NE.

wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostSat Jul 15, 2017 8:34 am 
There were over 130 wildfires in BC don't know what the count is now and I remember hearing they were contributing to smog in Puget Sound as well as over here wind direction dependent. Several days ago Winthrop found itself down stream with air quality moderately bad to unhealthy we were up there yesterday and had clear blue skies.

Living in the Anthropocene
Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostSat Jul 15, 2017 10:53 am 
We were in that lovely smoke in Mazama during our bike ride from Colonial Creek to Mazama and back. Visibility was degraded with the blue haze. Luckily, smoking has made my lungs used to it and I had no trouble with the big climb back to Washington Pass.

iron

iron
PostFri Aug 04, 2017 2:55 pm 
RichP wrote:
Probably smog especially on these foggy mornings. It's likely worse on the east side when all the junk gets pushed up toward the mountains due to prevailing winds. I expect air quality to diminish significantly the more our population grows. As you can see, Seattle and Tacoma have the worst air quality in the state right now with "moderate" levels. https://fortress.wa.gov/ecy/enviwa/
good time for this site to be down...

RichP

RichP
PostFri Aug 04, 2017 5:04 pm 
You can still see the AQI here. http://aqicn.org/city/usa/washington/seattle/10th-and-weller/ Seattle currently at 132 which is an improvement over earlier today. I think it was up to 178 before the state site crashed. Beijing currently at 104.

InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostSat Aug 05, 2017 5:12 pm 
Visibility is definitely improving. I could easily see across the sound to Bainbridge Island, and could barely make out some of the Olympics Mountains outlines at 2:30 today. (Walked the dog at Seahurst Park)

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau
AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostSat Aug 05, 2017 8:25 pm 
My cat was coughing last night. Though he is elderly.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat Aug 05, 2017 8:35 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
treeswarper wrote:
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Not even! Every time I have to go West I wish I didnt have to. lol.gif
The mystery is why you encourage Westsiders to come to the eastside. They will just bring their latte sipping, cell phone yapping and smog spewing SUV habits with them and Cle Elum et al will become just an extended suburb of Pugetpopolis. I would think you would be yelling "stay away! There be dragons here".

Alpendave

Alpendave
PostTue Aug 08, 2017 3:12 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
They will just bring their latte sipping, cell phone yapping and smog spewing SUV habits with them and Cle Elum et al will become just an extended suburb of Pugetpopolis.
You speak of it as something that hasn't already happened confused.gif