Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Jul 18, 2017 9:08 am 
cdestroyer wrote:
does this etiquette also apply to any of the old cabins you might find in the back country?
I have only ever run across one cabin that did not reek of rodents. Other than out of desperation, I can't see staying in a normally mousy shelter. Ick.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
mike

mike
PostTue Jul 18, 2017 9:48 am 
olderthanIusedtobe wrote:
It's not their property, they should expect company.
ditto.gif this

Wazzu_camper
Go Cougs!

Wazzu_camper
Go Cougs!
PostTue Jul 18, 2017 9:58 am 
I've only stayed at the Three Fingers lookout 2 times the first time was me and a buddy and the lookout already had about 7 people. They saw us coming up the last snowfield and when we got to the ladders, even though we told them we would just camp at the bottom of the snowfield, they told us to not be ridiculous and that they made room. They even helped us with out packs. The second time I was with a group of 8 people and we were the only ones up there that day, but we fully would have made room for anyone who wanted it. It's never ideal to have to share a site with someone, but when people are in a pinch, you just have to share no matter what the situation is. I've also been the person that was in a pinch a few times and people have stepped up to help me out.

HikerJohn

HikerJohn
PostTue Jul 18, 2017 12:28 pm 
AlpineRose wrote:
Suntop, Kelly Butte and Granite Mt. LOs are reservable for free by entering a lottery in the spring.
Actually to clarify: Suntop, Kelly Butte, and Granite are active lookouts manned by Forest Service volunteers. They are NOT first come-first served, sleep in the lookout tower places. Volunteers go through training, fill in necessary paperwork, check in and check out with the offices, and then operate the lookouts for the USFS. When we are on duty we have to be on the radio, checking in regularly, as well as greeting visitors, doing maintenance, reporting fires and other incidents, etc. Going to have my duty at KB 18-20 August-- come up to visit!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Jul 18, 2017 3:19 pm 
Leecher Lookout, on the Okanogan NF also appears to be manned by Lightning Bill today.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities