Forum Index > Trail Talk > I'm Not A Dairy Farmer, so
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostWed Jul 19, 2017 3:18 pm 
This story has me confused. A glacier excursion to milk your cows? "Marcelin and Francine Dumoulin, the parents of seven children, went to milk their cows in a meadow in the Valais canton on Aug. 15, 1942, then vanished without a trace" “It was the first time my mother went with him on such an excursion. She was always pregnant and couldn’t climb in the difficult conditions of a glacier,” Udry-Dumoulin said" Regardless, strange story http://www.king5.com/mobile/article/news/nation-now/melting-glacier-reveals-bodies-of-couple-who-disappeared-75-years-ago/465-cHIhqXJ9V64c2o82EsguU

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chico

Chico
PostWed Jul 19, 2017 3:25 pm 
The district includes peaks such as the Matterhorn, so pretty rugged. 1942 as we know had more glaciated areas. Chances are during the summer once the snow melted, there were small meadows between glaciers. In crossing one of the glaciers they slipped and fell into a crevasse.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Jul 19, 2017 5:58 pm 
Milk cows have to be milked every day or they dry up. Most dairys milk twice a day. It keeps the cows happy and happy cows make more milk. I will assume they only had a couple of cows.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities