Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Hidden Lake LO help needed
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
beethovenhiker

beethovenhiker
PostThu Jul 20, 2017 3:59 pm 
I need help with replacing one half of the roof at Hidden Lake Lookout the weekend of 28 July for two or three days. Trip is tentative at this point because I have so far been unable to get committed help. Need is twofold: Three bundles of shingles need to be transported to the LO. to augment a supply that's already on site. This will be done either by three or more people willing to pack them (about 50# each) or by crowdsourcing. For the latter, a staging person will be needed. Several friends are trying to put together a group for this. The other help needed is for one or two people to assist with the project itself for two solid days, possibly a little longer. No roofing experience needed, though general handy skills are helpful. Must be comfortable on the roof and have a harness. I have no leads on this part yet. Need to have commitments by this weekend or project will have to be shelved for this year. Sorry about short notice; I had help lined up six weeks ago but they bailed. If interested, please email beethovenhiker@yahoo.com and put HLLO for subject. Thanks...

Robert Kendall
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Jul 21, 2017 4:43 am 
I thought that there was a "Friends of the Hidden Lake lookout" group? At least I was told there was?

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
beethovenhiker

beethovenhiker
PostFri Jul 21, 2017 7:46 am 
The group is largely theoretical because the primary steward is much better skilled at hands-on things than at social skills such as networking. It works ok except when a major project requires more hands.

Robert Kendall
NickG27
Nick G

NickG27
Nick G
PostSun Jul 23, 2017 8:46 pm 
I am looking to help with the lookout and I have my own harness and can bring 50# up a mountain. I have been added to this NWhikers.net website just to do so. Let me know what I might need and or how long the adventure might be when you know more. Thanks PS: I might know more helpful people Nick G

Let me know