Forum Index > Trail Talk > Tis the season? Saw my second thruhiker in town in a week.....
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Brucester

Brucester
PostTue Jul 25, 2017 7:43 pm 
Spoke with this hiker who just finished the AT and was headed to the PCT today running errands after work. He was at the gas station buying Heet. I knew exactly who he was! lol.gif I was this close to giving him a ride to Bellingham but have to wake up at 3 something tomorrow for work. Really cool feeling the trail vibe, you know, like you wanna drop everything and go hike too! He's in town with two others. I suggested he post here if he needed a ride. Many kind hearted folks here! His trail name? "Captain Underpants?" Supposedly a cartoon movie?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
hikerdan3369
Slave to The Gear

hikerdan3369
Slave to The Gear
PostWed Jul 26, 2017 8:04 pm 
Gave a ride to a SOBO from Gold Bar Family Market (resupply trip...) back towards the Dinsmore's last Sunday. He was from Germany, I tried out my HS Deutsch and did ok (I'm 56...). Westbound Sunday traffic being what it was (PARKING LOT) I dropped him at Zeke's with encouragement to "have a milkshake" and headed back to Reiter Road where I live. He was hiking alone but there were 5 SOBO's at Dinsmore's with him.

If it were easy everybody would do it.
texasbb
Misplaced Texan

texasbb
Misplaced Texan
PostThu Jul 27, 2017 7:29 am 
Shared a campsite Monday, Jul 24, at the Sandy River on Mt Hood with a couple of NOBOs who also happened to be from Germany.

kbatku
Questionable hiker

kbatku
Questionable hiker
PostThu Jul 27, 2017 7:52 am 
It's a weird year for them. The snow has them scattered all over, no real "herd" with all the skipping and jumping around. Plus there was the river crossing fatality - a sobering reminder that the wilderness isn't all fun and games.

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostThu Jul 27, 2017 10:49 pm 
Had a great visit with "Mary Poppins" today up near Trap Lake. She completed the trail coming northbound from Mexico last year and now is headed southbound, starting at the Canadian border July 6. Awesome young lady! Also met "Puck" from Philadelphia, who carries a hockey stick for a walking stick, headed northbound. I think he said he is section-hiking Washington. No other thru hikers seen today, very quiet up there. smile.gif