Forum Index > Partners > White Clouds
Previous :: Next Topic  
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostMon Aug 07, 2017 11:22 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Next year I will be headed to the White Cloud Wilderness in Idaho. That is if there aren't any fires. We will be RIDING in on horses with our gear and hiking out ourselves. Reservations have already been made for 2 rooms in Challis and the horse packers are going to get back with me as soon as they get back from a 10 day trip. The dates we will be leaving are on Friday July 20 and returning on Sunday July 29th. Only 4 people can go as any more requires a second Wrangler and adds to the cost.  I will let everyone know the total cost when I hear back from the Outfitters. Also I have reserved a nice cabin for on our way home to relax in before our 10 hour drive home. I will be 60 next year, and want to make this a trip to remember!!!! FOLLOW UP: The Outfitter is in the middle of dealing with people wanting to see the Eclipse as well as drop camps. They are being very helpful and will get back to me in about a week. Motel rooms for July 20 have already been made.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostFri Sep 08, 2017 1:09 pm 
WOW With all the fires burning everywhere, next year might be a bust. It's a no big deal and nothing to compare to what people are going thru right now. I hope that we get some rain and the poor people can get relief!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
General ****

General ****
PostSun Oct 15, 2017 9:50 am 
I'm in, going to the White Clouds in 2018

--------------
The General

The General primarily backpacks solo, I may be interested in hiking with a partner.
I am retired and am in good physical condition.  I mostly backpack WA State, however, I am open to other States as well.
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostMon Oct 16, 2017 11:25 am 
That's great!! dance.gif Waterman is also a go. So we be 3 so far. Only 1 more spot is available. Any more than 4 riders pushes the cost up a lot because we have to add another riding horse + another pack horse and maybe another Wrangler. Other people are welcome to go, but they will have to hike the 7.5 Miles to Walker lake. It is high season for them in Idaho, so they are very busy. They will get back to me after all their hunts are over with the cost. As soon as I find out, I will post the amount I will need from each for the deposit.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Partners > White Clouds
  Happy Birthday uproar!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: