Forum Index > Partners > White Clouds
Previous :: Next Topic  
Waterman

Waterman

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 2:37 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Will be on the area on tuesday hiking around. Not sure exactly where I'll be as I will wait till I arrive to decide on destination. But am planning on staying at the Pioneer that Saturday night.

--------------
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog

PostSat Jan 27, 2018 8:33 am 
No problem. See you on Saturday and possibly Friday.  up.gif
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome

Forest nut...
PostThu Feb 22, 2018 6:29 pm 
ok so you guys let me know if u can all handle medium spicey food...

here are ideas for 2-3 dinners and 2 good breakfasts...I am bringing a pot-fry pan

BREAKFASTS: farm fresh eggs ...bacon...2 bags hashbrowns..2nd. breakfast french toast,bacon.

dinner #1....homemade chili....1 can tomatoes, 1 beans, FRESH BISON MEAT (frozen costco)
          medium spicy                                         (onions.garlic,tomatoe paste,cumin)

chili served over corn chips with extra sharp white cheese (2 year aged)

2nd dinner : mac n cheese.?

AND OF COURSE FISH DUSTED with cornmeal and pan fried...

HERE is the total food list I am thinking of taking...*2lb. block of cheese
    (besides the chili------mac n cheese.)                 *2 bags hashbrowns o brian
                                                                         farm fresh eggs 2 dozen (no cold required)
4 baked potatoes  wrapped in foil!                            3-4lb. bacon from costco.

10- avacado's...lg. tub jof salsa...2 large bags chips...2 lemons...1 jar sour cream.

1 jar tarter sauce (large).....jar of clarified butter!...HAWAII SWEET ROLLS...

any thought boys!!!!????.....waterman could make his brown rice,dry veggies, beef base....and chicken...

oh and the bacon or cold stuff is kept in a black jeans tube, wet, and cold evaporates...
AlpineDill

AlpineDill

PostSun Feb 25, 2018 7:18 am 
What about the 5 lb bag of oranges and 6 avocados!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome

Forest nut...
PostSun Feb 25, 2018 8:10 am 
no no no....10-12 avacados....oranges would be good.......LET'S HAVE 2 GOOD DINNERS-2 breakfasts....
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog

PostMon Feb 26, 2018 8:42 am 
borank.gif  borank.gif  dance.gif  dance.gif  chow.gif  chow.gif It's great to have a Chef as a hiking partner!!!! LOL Might need the horses to take us out too!!!!
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome

Forest nut...
PostWed Feb 28, 2018 8:03 am 
ya I figure one good backpack size of food ....I think general doesn't like the dairy though?
General ****

General ****

PostThu Mar 01, 2018 6:20 am 
White Clouds 2018
Unexpected circumstances have come up that prevent me from going on this trip.
This may make available an opportunity for someone else to go in my place.  Inquiries should be routed through The Lead Dog. 

FYI:  Sapphire Lake (the basecamp location) in Idaho’s White Clouds Wilderness, is one of the most beautiful areas in the Northwest.

--------------
The General

The General primarily backpack solo, I may be interested in hiking with a partner.
I am retired and am in good physical condition.  I mostly backpack WA State, however, I am open to other States as well.
Waterman

Waterman

PostThu Mar 01, 2018 9:42 am 
Very sorry to hear this. Was looking forward to your company.

--------------
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost
JimK

JimK

PostThu Mar 01, 2018 11:20 am 
Not much to recommend Big Boulder Lakes.   wink.gif

We had to leave early as the smoke flowed in.

Hook Lake & David O Lee Peak
Hook Lake & David O Lee Peak
Sapphire Lake From Cirque Lake
Sapphire Lake From Cirque Lake

--------------
Hiking Northwest
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog

PostThu Mar 01, 2018 1:06 pm 
I was also. And totally agree with Waterman. Alot of things can change in a year. No problem General Sir! But it won't be the same without you.  frown.gif  One spot is open if anyone else wants to go. P/M me for details. Or we can go as a group of 3.
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog

PostWed Apr 11, 2018 12:05 pm 
The outfitter contacted me this morning. They are preparing the Outfitter agreement and other paperwork to send me. I will fill it out and send back. I don't think that you all have to do anything. All that is left is getting to Challis, measuring up how much stuff we will have paying the other 1/2 and go in on Sunday the 22nd. If we meet them on Saturday, we could give them the gear we won't need until Walker Lake and they could pre-pack it up for us then. Would save time at the trailhead. up.gif
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog

PostFri May 18, 2018 7:40 am 
2 months and 2 days to go!  up.gif Looking forward to the trip. Next year I will be taking a break from the Mountains and visit friends I haven't seen in a long time. And the fish could use a break too. wink.gif lol.gif
Roachapproach

Roachapproach

PostFri May 18, 2018 8:33 am 
This looks cool! Thinking of a similar trip in 2019, may I ask which outfitter you are using?  smile.gif
Waterman

Waterman

PostFri May 18, 2018 12:09 pm 
Really looking forward to this trip.

Still room for one more?

--------------
Robert Frost
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Partners > White Clouds
  Happy Birthday Gabigabs, alpine964!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: