Forum Index > Trip Reports > Surprise & Spark Plug Mountains (Alpine Lakes Wilderness) - 8/5-6/17
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
geyer

geyer
PostSat Aug 12, 2017 3:39 pm 
KekistaniProphet wrote:
Campsites on that bench the switchbacks lead too?
Can you be more specific?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostSun Aug 13, 2017 2:45 am 
A great report, Geyer, one that I find very, personally satisfying. There was a time when I wondered if NWHikers would continue, after the old-timers faded away. Now I know the answer ..... it has. agree.gif A classic report from a newcomer, inspiring a varied group to share their related knowledge and experience, the thing that, from the beginning, has been NWHikers' greatest strength. That, and the continuing work of Tom (or someone), in this case, to improve the way photos are displayed. Your report includes a truly fine collection. The display lets us appreciate them properly. Finally, there's that ribbon. lol.gif As you'll discover, you'll find isolated ribbons like that virtually anywhere you go in the Cascades, usually not related to anything that would make their placement make sense. And you will never meet anyone who will admit to placing even one of them. ..... It's a mystery.

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
KekistaniProphet
LOL I WIN

KekistaniProphet
LOL I WIN
PostSun Aug 13, 2017 8:03 am 
geyer wrote:
KekistaniProphet wrote:
Campsites on that bench the switchbacks lead too?
Can you be more specific?
It's called "speculation". Read the three posts above mine.

geyer

geyer
PostSun Aug 13, 2017 6:52 pm 
Scrooge wrote:
inspiring a varied group to share their related knowledge and experience, the thing that, from the beginning, has been NWHikers' greatest strength
I agree with this. There are so many places that a whole lot a people may have never known about had it not been for the collective sharing of experiences on NWHikers. Sometimes, it seems like if you follow along enough, many of these trip reports can become the outline of someone's life - new friendships and experiences, just making their way through life one hike at a time. I have never seen the website before its current condition, so I can't really comment on that, but the main reason I post here rather than somewhere like WTA is because it allows a more personalized report with far more information. Plus, we're not just limited to trails in the system. However, if they are taking tips, I think something could be learned from other forum websites like reddit about posting replies. That's really my only gripe