Forum Index > Trip Reports > NorthSide Mailbox peak ridge (July 30th)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Hikerdood

Hikerdood
PostWed Aug 09, 2017 8:57 pm 
This was a route we wanted to try for awhile now and finally we found a way up! We started at Granite Creek trail and then turned right at the new Granite Creek trail cutoff and went straight up the ridge! The trail was heavy bush-whacking in some places but there was also a very faint trail in some areas. In a couple of sections, we had to crawl on our hands and knees to get through. I found an old rusty cable used for dragging logs, so we know someone has been up there, but probably not for many years. The last section up to Mailbox was, as many of you know (if you have looked over the North Ridge) a lot of clumps of grass. Those things are slippery! But finally we made it up. We ran out of water about half way down Mailbox but felt okay. I drank from the creek at the bottom. It was nice and cold! Overall it took about 7 hours and it was a lot harder than we thought it would be, mostly because of the bush whacking. In the picture/map (recorded using Strava) below, the bottom orange horizontal line is Mailbox peak and the upper right vertical is the North Ridge. 1minute, 16sec video
North mailbox route
North mailbox route
This photo is about 500 feet from the top of Mailbox, this is looking East towards Revolution peak and the cabin on the hill. (You can barely see it on the right of this photo on the peak)
IMG_0919
IMG_0919

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostWed Aug 09, 2017 11:09 pm 
I'm confident you didn't see any one else on this route!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message