Forum Index > Trip Reports > Helix Flume Trail, 08.18.17
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostSun Sep 10, 2017 8:36 pm 
A few weeks ago I did a quickie walk at a nearby co. park, looping it into some other errands I needed to run that day. The trail begins @ El Monte Co. Park in Lakeside & goes steeply up a hillside with great views to the nearby El Cajon Mtn. I went as far as an old tunnel for the flume; one could continue up the hill on the other side but it was midday & hot & I had other things to do so I figured I'd save it for another time. dizzy.gif
TH sign
TH sign
Don't take a dump
Don't take a dump
Flume timeline
Flume timeline
Info about the tunnel/flume
Tunnel
Tunnel
Tunnel
Tunnel
My tiny car below
My tiny car below
El Cajon Mtn.
El Cajon Mtn.
El Cajon Mtn.
El Cajon Mtn.

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Sep 10, 2017 9:28 pm 
Very cool. up.gif There used to be quite an extensive flume system on the hillsides above the Toats Coulee - don't know if they're still there. I don't imagine it was as elaborate as yours was - that's a lot of engineering and manpower there.
BC wrote:
Don't take a dump
My guess is they mean your horse, but I would suppose it would be possible for viable seeds to pass through human digestive systems as well. Non-indigenous invasive species are a grossly understated issue on public lands - it is unfortunate more people aren't tuned in to the problem.
Solanum Lycopersicum (Heirloom tomato) near Bob Creek - Queets Valley - Olympic National Park - August 2016 - NPS photo
Solanum Lycopersicum (Heirloom tomato) near Bob Creek - Queets Valley - Olympic National Park - August 2016 - NPS photo

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message