Forum Index > Trip Reports > Three Sport Loop: Lake Chelan – Washington Pass – Methow and Columbia Vallys
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
onward

onward
PostSat Sep 09, 2017 11:00 am 
I know this isn't a hiking-only TR but I thought people here might be interested. We recently completed an awesome loop trip in the east and north Cascades. We kayaked from Manson (near Chelan) to Stehekin, hiked through to Highway 20, and then cycled from there back to our start in Manson. Mileages were 46, 21, and 105 respectively, totaling 172. We didn’t rush and did the trip in 8 days (could be done shorter or longer). I enthusiastically recommend this trip if you like to combine multiple sports and get a good weather window (especially for the paddling portion). Watching the landscape slowly change from desert to mountains and back is a big highlight of this route as well. It was an awesome journey! Full trip report here Pictures here

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Triton

Triton
PostSat Sep 09, 2017 2:41 pm 
Cool trip, thanks for sharing!

capbiker

capbiker
PostSat Sep 09, 2017 2:46 pm 
Wonderful report and photos...cool trip! Nice to hear how accommodating the Lady of the Lake folks were in getting your boats back downlake. Very interesting adventure.