Forum Index > Partners > Kettle Crest Trail
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
markweth

markweth
PostTue Sep 12, 2017 8:30 pm 
Flexible on the dates and looking for someone to do a key swap with or to hike together and shuttle vehicles on the Kettle Crest Trail north section ( http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/kettle-crest-north ). It is 30 miles one-way, and the distance between trailheads is around 50-miles. I would ideally like to do this as a two-night backpacking trip, but would also be open to doing this as a one-nighter with two long days. Anyone interested?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
RogerRabbit

RogerRabbit
PostFri Dec 01, 2017 4:01 pm 
Did you ever find a hiking partner for the Kettle Crest? A few of the trailheads are within half an hour of my house, so I hike and snowshoe it year around. As of Dec 1, I can still get my Jeep (with chains) to the Profanity Peak Trailhead. From there, it's a good long day hike to either Boulder or Sherman Pass.

I may be old, but at least I'm slow.
markweth

markweth
PostWed Dec 06, 2017 10:04 am 
I made it up back in September, but only in the general area of Columbia Mountain and a bit further up the trail. A friend and I just had one car and both ended up getting sick with head colds on that trip, so needless to say we didn't put in a lot of miles. Spent two nights at the lookout. Brilliant sunrises and sunsets! I wouldn't be back this winter, as much as I would like to, but would be interested in doing this trip in June/July/whenever conditions allow. I'll send you a PM sometime and see if we can work something out. Thanks for the reply!

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostSun Dec 10, 2017 5:04 pm 
Yeah take it up here again next season. I'm interested, too.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
markweth

markweth
PostWed May 30, 2018 11:15 am 
Anyone up for this? I'm thinking around July 4th would be nice. Looking for someone to do a key swap with or to hike together and shuttle vehicles on the Kettle Crest Trail north section ( http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/kettle-crest-north ). It is 30 miles one-way, and the distance between trailheads is around 50-miles. I would ideally like to do this as a two-night backpacking trip, but would also be open to doing this as a one-nighter with two long days. I could probably even be convinced to do it as one really long day, too! Any tips on local shuttle options would be much appreciated, or any other thoughts on this route. Thanks!