Forum Index > Trail Talk > montana wildfires
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostFri Sep 15, 2017 8:03 am 
this is only a link to the billings gazette photos and not anything I copied, view/use at your own risk. http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/photos-wildfires-across-montana/collection_1a4e9be6-9262-11e7-b528-072c534e49a0.html

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostFri Sep 15, 2017 4:43 pm 
My personal quote from listening to the news. Lolo peak fire management has gotten some relief from the local rain/snow and lower temps. The sperry chalet in glacier national park which burned is going to be rebuilt, and current activities are under way to stabilize the building for the winter. snow on homestake pass south of butte appears to be about 4-6 inches and still snowing lightly and may continue for the next several days. it has been snowing on and off most of the day here in the deer lodge valley but no accumulation, temp is 37 deg. (nothing stolen from any news articles here, just my own words)

markweth

markweth
PostFri Sep 15, 2017 5:17 pm 
I live in Hamilton, Bitterroot Valley, just about 30 minutes away from Lolo. It has been a terrible fire season year. Glad to see it ending. I don't think I've been so happy to be out biking around town in rain with temps in the mid-40s in my entire life.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Sep 15, 2017 6:25 pm 
markweth wrote:
I live in Hamilton, Bitterroot Valley, just about 30 minutes away from Lolo. It has been a terrible fire season year. Glad to see it ending. I don't think I've been so happy to be out biking around town in rain with temps in the mid-40s in my entire life.
You are getting rain?

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostSat Sep 16, 2017 7:23 am 
treeswarper wrote:
markweth wrote:
You are getting rain?
As did we yesterday (north central ND). A full day of drizzle to full on downpour, and my rain gauge shows just over an inch accumulated since about 7am. Forecast for more today, but currently just overcast. So, I'm hoping that "our" rain was more widespread and Montana, Sask, and Alberta got their share as well.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostSat Sep 16, 2017 10:09 am 

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Sep 16, 2017 5:04 pm 
We are in the smoke again today.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Just_Some_Hiker

Just_Some_Hiker
PostSat Sep 16, 2017 7:17 pm 
It's snowing all over the place...Montana, Colorado, Alberta. Hope we start getting some serious precip -- and not just on the west side.

markweth

markweth
PostSun Sep 17, 2017 11:13 am 
treeswarper wrote:
markweth wrote:
You are getting rain?
Pretty good amount of rain on Thursday and Friday, but yesterday and today are dry and on the cooler side. Great hiking weather and a nice dusting of snow on the tops of the Bitterroots visible from the short hike I did to the top of a butte on the east side of the valley.