Forum Index > Trip Reports > Alpine Lookout 10/6
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Oct 07, 2017 3:26 pm 
Darn it, I had a TR about done and then deleted it for some dumb reason. Oops. Might go w/ an abridged version. I'd hit Nason Ridge from the west end and somewhere in the middle, I decided to hit the east end. Pretty nice hike, sweet views from the LO. I hadn't seen anyone on trail for 2 1/2 days, after I'd been on top for a while a pair of hikers showed up. Chatted with them for a while, nice people. One a local from Leavenworth, one from out of state. One of them reminded me a bit of one of my favorite actresses, Ella Purnell. Got to see the military jets again, a pair of them made 2 circuits. Came screaming down the Little Wenatchee River valley, banked hard and started up towards the White River drainage (looked like the centrifugal force almost pushed them into the far wall of the valley). They were headed straight for a big buttress, banked HARD right, then immediately left again. I'm pretty sure they went up the Napeequa Valley before disappearing. They were flying LOW. Those flyboys have nerves of steel! Here's a look at much of their flightpath, the big buttress is dead center.
Glacier Peak
North face of the Chiwaukums look impressive from there. Peak ID anyone?
Bulls Tooth (I think), Daniel, Hinman and a whole bunch more Alpine Lakes goodness--what is that sweet looking peak on the far right?
Mastiff, Howard and Rock
Hwy 2 corridor and Alpine Lakes peaks galore
the LO, locked up tight for the winter
I thought this was interesting, I'm assuming there used to be a structure sitting on top of these stones at some point.
more Chiwaukums and Alpine Lakes Wilderness
a splash of color on the way down
one more shot of Glacier, David is in front of it just to the left
Dirtyface and part of Lake Wenatchee

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat Oct 07, 2017 3:47 pm 
olderthanIusedtobe wrote:
I thought this was interesting, I'm assuming there used to be a structure sitting on top of these stones at some point.
Looks like a helicopter landing pad to me.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message