Forum Index > Trip Reports > Grasshopper Pass 10/14
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Oct 15, 2017 12:37 pm 
I get a little wimpy when the snow first starts to stick. Luckily my buddy dragged me out yesterday. A little bit of snow on the road up to Harts Pass, but it wasn't too bad. Lots of hunters all along the road. We met a few on trail, also an Outward Bound group nearing the completion of a 50 day adventure. Snow on the trail the entire way, ranging from a couple inches to a foot or more. Larches are still hanging on.
Driving back west across Hwy 20 we stopped at a little overlook above Ross Lake. There were a handful of people there taking pictures. I happened to notice a raven sitting on a post a very short distance from the people. They are usually fairly shy but this one didn't seem the least bit bothered by humans. I stood about 10 feet away watching it for a while. Someone eventually tossed a few scraps of food it's direction, which it quickly scooped up. That was my hunch, that's probably why this particular raven hangs out by the side of the road and doesn't mind people being very close to it.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message