Forum Index > Trip Reports > Never Given Much Thought 10-15-2017
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
jdk610

jdk610
PostMon Oct 16, 2017 3:53 pm 
I literally just got back from paddling the slough! I started at the Kenmore boat launch and it wasn't great (only went up a mile or two). Question about launching from 60 Acres: I'm in a boot (broken leg) and can't do steep slopes or rough terrain. Do you happen to have any pics from the put-in? Is it rocky, or sandy? Gradual slope down to the water without any major obstacles? If you ever see a lady paddling around in a blue Alpacka, that's me. Say hi!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Jim Dockery

Jim Dockery
PostMon Oct 16, 2017 4:49 pm 
Great TR and photos. I've never done that slough - looks perfect for my wife and I. Thanks.

Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostMon Oct 16, 2017 7:42 pm 
Jim Dockery wrote:
Great TR and photos. I've never done that slough - looks perfect for my wife and I. Thanks.
Thank Jim and yes, Do It! It's a fun date

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostMon Oct 16, 2017 7:52 pm 
jdk610 wrote:
I literally just got back from paddling the slough! I started at the Kenmore boat launch and it wasn't great (only went up a mile or two). Question about launching from 60 Acres: I'm in a boot (broken leg) and can't do steep slopes or rough terrain. Do you happen to have any pics from the put-in? Is it rocky, or sandy? Gradual slope down to the water without any major obstacles? If you ever see a lady paddling around in a blue Alpacka, that's me. Say hi!
We'll be sure to say hi. I don't have any images from where we launch. It's a very gradual slope although there are some large boulders but they can be avoided. You can actually push the kayak down to the gravel river bank with no worries of it actually going into the river. You do have to carry the kayak down and across a paved portion of the Burke Gilman Trail from the soccer field parking lot. 100 feet maybe. All I can suggest is that you go check it out. It's the best launch spot on the entire river in my opinion. The second best launch spot is at the bridge at Marymoor Park west entrance. Just a few feet upstream from that bridge. Launch on the east shore of the river. Parking is a wide pullout on the shoulder on the west side of the bridge. Again, both spots require carry the kayaks a little ways Hope that helps

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want