Forum Index > Gear Talk > waterproof backpack
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Oldguy

Oldguy
PostSat Oct 21, 2017 3:00 pm 
The tools are in addition to the pack, not in the pack. Sorry for misleading anyone. By the time I put a grip-hoist, cable, straps, laptop, extra boots, spare hardhat, binoculars, loppers, folding chair, 3L water bottle, huge first aid kit, folding saw, lunch, etc. in the pack, there is hardly room for my Polaski and Grub hoe in there. biggrin.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostSat Oct 21, 2017 10:32 pm 
All those rigging supplies are heavy! Esp with the laptop. In my day we had to haul around a fax machine. Ah the good old days... I have done rigging only a few times but it is pretty slick how you can pull a ridiculous stump out of the trail corridor. Well I didn't set the job up myself, and couldn't lead a rigging project, that's for sure. But what fun it was to watch and help the experts set it up! Lucky you!

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostSun Oct 22, 2017 8:55 am 
Ken....just take a plastic sheet and put it over your pack while you are working. When traveling, use a pack cover or a plastic bag cut to fit. Or, quit doing so many work parties. ( just kidding) If you drink more Farmstrong beers, you won't care if your stuff is wet. Hope to see you soon, cool.gif

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
Oldguy

Oldguy
PostSun Oct 22, 2017 9:04 am 
Just solved my problem! Got a good deal on a donkey and it came with two Yeti coolers and a pack saddle. Dry gear in one and Farmstrong and a Glock in the other. biggrin.gif Sure beats a plastic sheet.