Forum Index > Photography Talk > Adobe ends perpetual licencing of Lightroom, goes full SaaS for all future releases
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Canon Shooter

Canon Shooter
PostSat Dec 02, 2017 11:44 am 
It is only one reason and you would never notice unless you are doing what I do. I shoot large numbers of HS sports photos with 1 series Canons to post on my site. My work flow after dumping the obvious bad shots is to use my delete key. The steps are delete, enter, and repeat the process over and over for several frames. When I come to something I want to work on, I make my changes and continue. In 5.7 and previous versions this method worked fine, but in 6 (at least on my computer) it won't work unless I move my pointer to another area on the screen an tap it. It is a pain when I am trying to work fast. Other than that minor nick I like 6 fine and would recommend it. One thing you might have noticed from my work flow process of delete, enter, repeat. Is that it only removes the file from LR and does not permanently delete it from the disk. Yes I know that. Unless the photo is so totally unrecognizable that nothing can be seen I don't completely delete it from my RAW import file. Call it paranoia, but I save the file - just in case I want to go back and see what was occurring in the background, who was stand nearby the activity, re-process it, etc. As to the HDR and pano, yes PS is superior but if I don't need that level of layer ability for a simple situation, the the LR HDR and pano features are really good. They are only available on LR 6.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message