Forum Index > Trail Talk > 2017 Calendar Social / Homeless Gear Drive / Calendar Contest
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki

wiki
PostSun Oct 22, 2017 10:04 am 
I am planning to attend: Tom, Nancyann (2, almond apple cake, paper plates, cups, utensils), RichP, JimK, Damian (baked beans), GranolaGirl (maybe), Schroder, Pyrites (main dish), BarbE (main dish-Lasagne) marydave(2 - green salad). snowdog, joker, Scrooge and Larch (spaghetti, again (I hope), Snuffy (appetizer), Hiker Mama (chili and maybe dessert), Radka & Chris (apple strudel), Ski (pie), RockShadow (salad-probably warm potato salad), Kenji (3, rice dish+); Cascadetraverser (2, sandwiches), Triciaann (dessert), Ancient Ambler (appetizer), raising3hikers (appetizer), Hanzsek (appetizer - chicken satay), You can order a calendar here from mixbook. If you just want 1 calendar use coupon code REFER2017 to get the cost down to $10.98 (11x8.5" calendar) or $22.98 (14x11" calendar) via budget shipping (upgrade shipping if you need it by Christmas). Reserved a 2018 Calendar for pickup at the social: 11x8.5: Schroder (tbd) 14x11": Cascadetraverser (tbd) Social: Friday, Dec 8, 7-10 PM at www.maltbyclub.org (map) The homeless gear drive is completely optional. The need is for used packs, sleeping bags, tents, tarps, ground pads, and coats. If you have used boots, bring em along- we'll find a home for them. You can bring these things to the social, or contact Damian or Kim Brown by PM and we'll arrange to pick these things up. Receipts will be available but will require an email exchange w/Facing Homelessness. If you have questions about Facing Homelessness Seattle you can check them out on the web, or feel free to contact Damian. In addition to helping out with some basic needs they are very involved in sustainable solutions to Seattle's homeless problem especially housing.

Wiki summmary last edited by Tom on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:06 am (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostSat Dec 09, 2017 12:25 am 
Thanks to everyone who came to the social, it was a pleasure seeing you, and I hope everyone made it home safely! Special thanks to Tom for improvising a fun way to reveal the calendar winners without a projector, and to Damian for collecting the used gear for homeless people. Also, thanks to Santa's elves Jim K and Barb E for coming early to decorate! Oh yes, and thanks Ski for your amazing pies, just like my mom used to make, what a treat. smile.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Dec 09, 2017 12:28 am 
Thanks Nancyann for putting things together to make it happen! and thanks to everyone who came and brought delightful things to eat! tongue.gif Awesome! Nice to put faces on names and talk with real people! wink.gif
nwhikers pie 120817
nwhikers pie 120817

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
DadFly

DadFly
PostSat Dec 09, 2017 9:10 am 
Great to meet you all! Thanks for the pie!

"May you live in interesting times"
RichP

RichP
PostSat Dec 09, 2017 9:41 am 
Thanks everybody for making it happen. Nice venue too.

Damian

Damian
PostSat Dec 09, 2017 10:41 am 
So great to see so many of my old buds. The gear drive was a success with zero degree bags, tents, packs, boots, and more. These items are solid gold to people living under tarps or in dumpsters as they await transitional housing. It will all be in use within the next couple days. If you could not make it and/or still have gear to donate, PM me and we can arrange a pickup. Thanks to everyone especially Nancy for her leadership. And to Tom for his highly geeky but effective calendar presentation.

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostSat Dec 09, 2017 9:05 pm 
These old guard community, Swede, or Grange Halls are a great, disappearing legacy. This the first I’ve seen with raised booths along one side. I imagined people looking down at the dancers. Thanks to the Organizers, and members for a fun eve. And to Tom, of course. Best. Pyrites

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
JimK

JimK
PostSat Dec 09, 2017 9:06 pm 
A good time was had by all. Lots of familiar faces and some new ones. Searching shows that we have done calendar socials since 2008. I did not think to take photos until we were breaking down the tables. Here are a few.
Photo1
Photo1
Photo2
Photo2
Photo3
Photo3
Photo4
Photo4

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Dec 10, 2017 2:42 am 
If you reserved a calendar for pickup at the social please contact me. Due to printing delays the calendars are still in transit. I will be shipping them out when they arrive (probably Monday). You'll get your calendars much faster than if you order from mixbook. If you did not reserve a calendar you can order here from mixbook. If you just want 1 calendar use coupon code REFER2017 to get the cost down to $10.98 (11x8.5" calendar) or $22.98 (14x11" calendar) via budget shipping (upgrade shipping if you need it by Christmas).

Songs2

Songs2
PostSun Dec 10, 2017 3:43 am 
Calendar: I'm delighted to see a mix of intimate views and lower-lying wooded areas, along with alpine lakes, majestic, soaring peaks, and the Milky Way. A nice selection!

glenoid

glenoid
PostSun Dec 10, 2017 10:30 am 
Sorry about missing the social. Sounds like a good time. To Tom, thanks for the great calendar and deal on it's price. Just ordered mine. (Something nice to look at here in Pomeroy!

Hiker Mama

Hiker Mama
PostTue Dec 12, 2017 12:26 pm 
I really enjoyed meeting everyone, some familiar faces, and some new ones.

My hiking w/ kids site: www.thehikermama.com
JimK

JimK
PostWed Dec 13, 2017 1:18 pm 
My calendar arrived today. It looks very good. I have amassed quite a pile of these after nearly a decade of them.