Forum Index > Trail Talk > A ‘Free Range Human’ ?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostThu Nov 09, 2017 12:54 pm 
What do you consider yourself? Like what title would you consider fitting? Why? Free Range Human? That sounds trite, but I’m not that special really. I’m just out here living my life as I see fit, and doing my best to ignore social constraints that limit happiness. My main goal is to squeeze as much adventure and experience out of this one and precious life I have, without impeding the happiness of others. This is an interesting interview with Lint, a long distance lifestyle hiker. Maybe some of you have met him. He's a pretty cool guy. More from the interview: Do you have plans for the future? Is this the Lint Life until the very end? I’d be foolish to try and predict the future. Life changes so often, and passions ebb and flow. Maybe I’ll get tired of living in an 86-square foot box? Maybe I’ll lose my health, and be forced to reprioritize my goals? There is no way of knowing. What I do know is that I’ll continue on this path I’ve started, moving towards personal growth and building a bank of memories that can never be taken from me. I’m aware that life has been very fortunate to me, and I count my blessings every day. That’s not saying I don’t have my own demons that make happiness difficult to grasp, but I’ll never stop actively moving towards that goal. I’m just a talking monkey on a giant rock hurtling through space. I have no answers, I’m still a student in life doing my best to learn. I don’t know exactly what I want out of life other than constant self-improvement and the freedom to pursue what brings me joy. Give it a read and enjoy. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
RichP

RichP
PostThu Nov 09, 2017 1:26 pm 
Fun read. To me it sounds like he is living the life.

cartman

cartman
PostFri Nov 10, 2017 6:00 am 
Fred Beckey and Dick Proenneke.