Forum Index > Pacific NW History > Looking for any old photos.....
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Wordsbehindme

Wordsbehindme
PostWed Nov 22, 2017 12:52 pm 
Hello newbie here but an old low time hiker of small hikes. Having been born and having bad incidents that gave me more troubles hiking had to be taken off my list of to dos. I happen to still love the stories and good at placing my self right with the ones on the hike. Due to my conditons it would be a bit painful to go on looking for what I am seeking in person so asking around for photos to go through and of thier locations of the old Ranger lookout towers. In the vacinity of 150 miles of Ariel, Washington. Why of course that is just where D B Cooper jumpped... Yes I have a good hunch my father was the actual DB Cooper... To many checks to say not on the list I have complied. So I am looking for a picture of a Ranger station that had metal /wood stairs. It was closed but was well in a lower evevation...one could drive to the ranger staion via a long dirt road ... There was ground enough to lamd if parachuting in around the ranger station as well. I remember the road had red clay loke dirt might of been a fresh plowed road in the 1970.... The sun was at about noon... It was a clear day that we went there... Yes my dad, mom , younger brother whom was only 5 yrs and I. Went to this Ramger tower... As we got there us kids wanted to get out... I really had to go pee.. So did my brother I did not get to go but he did being he still would wet his pants...dad had placed something in the trunk..not sure what it was... But remembers once at home there was a bag that was of old that has property of US Army it was not like that of my older half brothers Army stuff his was newer. So you see I am looking at acquiring photos that could pinpoint the location of the actual drop of DB COOPER ... What about the money found on the Tena sandbar heck that would of been a plant to throw off the true location. Dad had a boat he was not scared to go out in that boat...it was blue and white like any common small fisher boat...is not the common marine blue and white the hardest to view from the air...or under side... So send via here any photos of the lower snow line ranger towers ...and include the location latitudes and longitudes help much that way I can check out the road up to the tower too.... Thank you much....in the forward sense and Keep on tracking er I mean hiking.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Schroder

Schroder
PostWed Nov 22, 2017 1:16 pm 
You might want to browse through the History forum - there are many threads on lookouts posted. Just do a search. There's also a website you might be interested in: Rex's Forest Fire Lookout Page and Ray Kresek's book On November 24, 1971, there were about 1500 of us in Search and Rescue teams in a base camp in Ariel in the middle of a search for a missing hunter. We had teams diverted to search for D.B. Cooper.

Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostWed Nov 22, 2017 1:23 pm 
Randy, 1500?

Schroder

Schroder
PostWed Nov 22, 2017 1:45 pm 
Magellan wrote:
Randy, 1500?
Yes, some searches got pretty big back then. The largest I remember was in Metaline Falls for 3 missing hunters and we got about 2000. After the initial first responders had no luck, we put out a statewide request and got the military interested in helping. A lot of the searchers were soldiers from Ft Lewis flown over in Chinooks. In the 70's, we had a M.A.S.T. (Military Assistance for Safety and Traffic) unit at Ft Lewis where we kept a Mountain Rescue team on standby at Gray Field. We had a similar arrangement with Whidbey NAS to respond in the north but they picked up our teams along the way.

Wordsbehindme

Wordsbehindme
PostWed Nov 22, 2017 5:36 pm 
Thanks I have tried searching but keep coming up with dead ends as if some one dont want it out... To say neary all are gone but me and my brother in the initial as I say of happened events... My brother dont even recall his first crush so I know he would not recall the trip taken then. We have fallen short as well as to being any thing of a brother and sister... Due to to many issues at that. From family pit falls to our grandfather whom as well seems to of had someone whom thought they could pull him down as well.long story but when you are an x FBI agent of old many want to cause you problems ...specially those whom he helped put behind bars... But my heart is where it is and as said there are lots to say that the man whom I seen very well cpuld of neen my father for to there are so many reasons and to me the motive is there strongly. As for the other working towards the DB CASE why would he spam my posts ... A spam is postings not related to the other postings... He mentioned DB COOPER so I posted back on that. Amd wow over 400 posts seems he might be whom we are looking for as for not being whom he says he is...

Wordsbehindme

Wordsbehindme
PostThu Nov 23, 2017 7:40 am 
Want say a big thank you to the turn on of The Firewatch pages. Seems there was a lot of disappearances of the towers just before and after DB COOPERS feat. This leads to another queastion on the list or more like another statement of facts ... Did DB COOPER know the towers were going to be taken away torn down etc...if so he would of had an inside informat on the facts. My one of my fathers cousin worked for the DNR here in WA. I my self had a list of want to be when I grew up ...a Ranger in one of the towers was one on that list. It held a sort of a romantic adventure feeling to me in away. It still does.

yorknl

yorknl
PostFri Dec 01, 2017 8:24 pm 
Wordsbehindme wrote:
So I am looking for a picture of a Ranger station that had metal /wood stairs. It was closed but was well in a lower evevation...one could drive to the ranger staion via a long dirt road ... There was ground enough to lamd if parachuting in around the ranger station as well. I remember the road had red clay loke dirt might of been a fresh plowed road in the 1970...
To me this sounds like the Red Mountain Lookout, down by the Big Lava Field and Indian Race Track north of Carson. The summit is open, and the one time I visited ten years or so ago the access road seemed to be an inch deep in reddish dust.

Bernardo

Bernardo
PostSun Dec 03, 2017 7:23 pm 
Wordsbehindme, why do you think your father could be DB Cooper? Was he an official suspect?

Schroder

Schroder
PostFri Jan 05, 2018 10:36 am 
Wordsbehindme - is your father Robert Rackstraw?