Forum Index > Trail Talk > Popular shooting site in Washington wildlife area sends some visitors running for cover
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Chico

Chico
PostMon Nov 27, 2017 7:30 pm 
And let me state that it is NOT just Wenas! Of course you already know that. I plan on asking about the Tahuya plan being implemented as once that is complete DNR will move to Capitol Forest. Meeting this Thursday evening. All are welcome. 801 88th Ave SE, Tumwater, south of the Olympia Airport. Shared facility with DNR and DOC. 6 to 8 pm. Agenda WA DNR Capitol Forest Recreation User Group Meeting Location 801 88th Ave SE Tumwater November 30th, 2017 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM 6:00 - 6:10 Motorized Trail Ride / Discussion 6:10 - 6:15 Introductions 6:15 – 6:45 Status of Current & Upcoming Timber Sales - State Lands Link to daft map https://www.dnr.wa.gov/publications/amp_rec_captimbersales17.pdf 6:45 - 7:00 Ideas for Fall Creek camp on event weekends 7:00– 7:10 Break 7:10 - 7:40 2018 Event Scheduling – please email your event application prior to the meeting phil.wolff@dnr.wa.gov & barry.godfrey@dnr.wa.gov 7:40 - 7:45 2018 Great Gravel Pack In – Date is March 24th 7:45 - 8:00 Round Table Discussion Attendees include motorized and non-motorized groups. Shooters don't come. Regarding the Fall Creek camp discussion - an event organizer was under the mistaken impression they had "reserved" the camp ground. A camper already there disagreed when event participants began to show up. A gun was drawn/displayed. DNR law enforcement, sheriff and WSP were all on site for most of the day.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
RichP

RichP
PostMon Nov 27, 2017 7:36 pm 
I saw a USFS law enforcement officer up at Hansen Ck Rd off of I-90 the other day and he was out to check for shooters in that area. He said call the King County sheriff anytime you see someone shooting on that road and try to get a plate number to report. The FS has a huge area to patrol with limited staff and they do what they can. They are serious about ending all the shooting in that particular area though I saw some dolts setting up to shoot an assault rifle right down the middle of the road when their cars wouldn't make it up to the borrow pit due to ice. I'm glad I approached them from behind.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Chico

Chico
PostMon Nov 27, 2017 8:25 pm 
RichP wrote:
I saw some dolts setting up to shoot an assault rifle right down the middle of the road when their cars wouldn't make it up to the borrow pit due to ice
It is this type of person that doesn't deserve to own a firearm since they obviously have no knowledge of firearm safety! And probably don't care.

lee

lee
PostWed Dec 06, 2017 8:43 am 
JVesquire wrote:
Peaked my interest because I got shot at going for a trail run near Goat Peak off I-90.
Ha Ha.... if they were shooting at you as you state,... you would have gotten shot!!!! More realistic is,... you were down range and the shooters had no idea of this.

Lee
lee

lee
PostWed Dec 06, 2017 8:44 am 
AlpineRose wrote:
Explain how to get along with someone who is shooting at you. Please.
Ha Ha.... if they were shooting at you as you state,... you would have gotten shot!!!! More realistic is,... you were down range and the shooters had no idea of this.

Lee
Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostWed Dec 06, 2017 2:05 pm 
lee wrote:
More realistic is,... you were down range and the shooters had no idea of this.
That doesn't make it OK and as ANY responsible gun owner should know: Unless you are 100% certain of where your bullet will land/hit, and that nothing you don't want to hit is in its path, DON'T SHOOT!!!!! It isn't a "probably" or I can't see that far" or a "I am pretty sure" it is 100% certain the shooter needs to be. If the scenario was as you think it may have been, then the shooters were idiots, or worse.

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
Gregory

Gregory
PostThu Dec 07, 2017 7:17 am 
The last time I visited SF Skokomish had people shooting my direction.I was digging through the clear-cut around lake west looking for the old trail that went down into the canyon below the high steel bridge.I had the family in tow.I did not like the sound of the shooting and left.I was not afraid of sharing the woods with guns until this incident.On the way out I find a group shooting across the road and down a spur road pretty much-sending bullets feet over our head The problem is not enough law enforcement.I have been running the hills of the east side of the Olympics for forty years.Used to be friends with law enforcement now I have not seen one for years.Christine was probably the last one I knew.See the toilet paper changer boy all the time but no cops.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Dec 07, 2017 10:48 am 
treeswarper wrote:
Go away people. I hear Maine is a nice place to be. Or Alaska. What about moving to Alaska where there is real wilderness?
Send us a post card when you get there!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Dec 14, 2017 11:12 am 
It appears "lee" is cheering for people being almost shot.

Chico

Chico
PostThu Dec 14, 2017 4:48 pm 
Gregory wrote:
The problem is not enough law enforcement.
Sorry but the actual root of the problem is that people with no brains are out there shooting a firearm at they know not what nor do they appear to care! When someone gets shot they'll plead ignorance!

lee

lee
PostThu Dec 14, 2017 4:53 pm 
Slugman wrote:
It appears "lee" is cheering for people being almost shot.
....and you clearly need to put that crack pipe down!!!! Two members incorrectly posted that they had been shot at. I only clearly stated the obvious: If they HAD been shot at,... they would have gotten shot. You are clearly delusional if you read into my statement that I am "cheering" harm to another citizen and I beg you to seek Physiological help from your professional health care provider.

Lee
Chico

Chico
PostThu Dec 14, 2017 5:01 pm 
lee wrote:
Two members incorrectly posted that they had been shot at.
When you can hear the bullet whizzing past your head "you are getting shot at"! The fact it missed you means they were not necessarily aiming at you.

lee

lee
PostThu Dec 14, 2017 5:19 pm 
Chico wrote:
When you can hear the bullet whizzing past your head "you are getting shot at"! The fact it missed you means they were not necessarily aiming at you.
1st: ..."can hear the bullet whizzing past your head"... yea that unfortunately can happen when the shooter does not know people are down range while they are actively pursuing their hobby. Doesn't mean they are attempting to commit murder. Better question is .... why would you hike down range from a known shooting location?????? 2nd: If they ..."were not necessarily aiming at you" then..... they were not shooting AT you which is NOT what the 2 other members posted!!!!! Duh!!!!

Lee
JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest
PostThu Dec 14, 2017 5:30 pm 
lee wrote:
Better question is .... why would you hike down range from a known shooting location??????
Or maybe the better question is why were people shooting up range from a known hiking location? Or even a possible hiking location? I've done my fair share of "dispersed" target shooting, and my understanding of the rules and ethics is that you always shoot with a known backstop. Shooting out into empty space, whether or not you're in a "known shooting location", and whether or not down range is a known hiking location, ain't cool.

AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostThu Dec 14, 2017 5:39 pm 
Quote:
they were not shooting AT you
Good lord, your attempt to dissect the true meaning of "AT" is completely, utterly silly. Stop it. If something or someone is heading in my direction, it/they are heading AT me. If someone is shooting in my direction, I am being shot AT.