Forum Index > Trail Talk > Best Maps Ever site - Bulger List, T100 x P400, P2000, Lookouts etc
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostThu Nov 15, 2018 10:50 pm 
cartman wrote:
That's too bad, the Pargeters and Molenaar's maps are the best. So detailed and comprehensive. Glad I picked up extra copies of the three Cascades Pargeters when they reprinted them recently.
After we met many years ago I went out and bought those maps and mounted them all on foam boare. Like you, they hang in my office with pins of all of the peaks I’ve done.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostFri Nov 16, 2018 5:40 am 
cartman wrote:
That's too bad, the Pargeters and Molenaar's maps are the best. So detailed and comprehensive. Glad I picked up extra copies of the three Cascades Pargeters when they reprinted them recently.
Agreed. We are sorry the family can't seem to get it together enough to keep them in print. I think there's one laminated copy of North Cascades West left in the shop.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 7:02 pm 
I don’t think the maps are detailed but they’re fun to have up on the wall. My favorite Washington map by far is Heinrich Berann’s of the North Cascades. I have this and his map of Denali both printed up big in my dining room. They’re barely maps but they’re so cool. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Heinrich_Berann_NPS_North_Cascades.jpg