Forum Index > Trip Reports > Glacier Peak (August 2017)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Desertsp

Desertsp
PostWed Dec 06, 2017 12:00 pm 
Enjoy some photos of the North Fork Sauk and White Pass areas of Glacier Peak this summer. Complete set on Flickr includes a few somewhat watchable videos (you'll see what I mean lol...the shakes!), the one of the goat is at least worth watching just to see how effortlessly it's able to traverse the steep terrain! North Fork Sauk Trail:
Full lot!
Full lot!
Hen of the woods?
Hen of the woods?
Taken from below the bridge (I think). Composite of ten handheld exposures averaged to create the impression that a longer exposure was used.
Taken from below the bridge (I think). Composite of ten handheld exposures averaged to create the impression that a longer exposure was used.
Adjusting packs for the switchbacks
Adjusting packs for the switchbacks
White Pass Area:
White Pass in background
White Pass in background
Sunset near camp at White Pass. Emphasized the backlit flower tufts by boosting the highlights and warming color tones in the foreground. Also cooled the sky.  Compare to the unretouched RAW image (next photo).
Sunset near camp at White Pass. Emphasized the backlit flower tufts by boosting the highlights and warming color tones in the foreground. Also cooled the sky. Compare to the unretouched RAW image (next photo).
HDR panorama. HDR merge done in Lightroom, and panorama merge done in Photoshop for more control over the lens flares.
HDR panorama. HDR merge done in Lightroom, and panorama merge done in Photoshop for more control over the lens flares.
HDR panorama. HDR and panorama merges done in Lightroom. Used Photoshop to try to cleanup some artifacts caused by quickly moving clouds.
HDR panorama. HDR and panorama merges done in Lightroom. Used Photoshop to try to cleanup some artifacts caused by quickly moving clouds.
HDR panorama. Retouched to help bring out the clouds in the left side.
HDR panorama. Retouched to help bring out the clouds in the left side.
HDR panorama
HDR panorama
Panorama
Panorama
Morning fog
Morning fog
Panorama of the campsite area from camp. Trail to the right goes up to White Pass. Trail to left goes to other campsites. Swampy area in the right-foreground had lots of marmots.
Panorama of the campsite area from camp. Trail to the right goes up to White Pass. Trail to left goes to other campsites. Swampy area in the right-foreground had lots of marmots.
Foam Creek Trail area:
Marmot in basin
Marmot in basin
Sand piper(?)
Sand piper(?)
Upper White Chuck Basin
Upper White Chuck Basin
Taken at the end of the Foam Creek Trail. Panorama of multiple exposures for added resolution. The mountain goat in later pictures was grazing on the backside of the sadle below the rocky outcropping on the right side.
Taken at the end of the Foam Creek Trail. Panorama of multiple exposures for added resolution. The mountain goat in later pictures was grazing on the backside of the sadle below the rocky outcropping on the right side.
Taken from the saddle visible in the earlier photo. Looking up towards Glacier Peak. The loose rock in the midground was formerly underneath the White Chuck Glacier.
Taken from the saddle visible in the earlier photo. Looking up towards Glacier Peak. The loose rock in the midground was formerly underneath the White Chuck Glacier.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostWed Dec 06, 2017 1:45 pm 
Nice pictures. up.gif Love that area. I don't think I've seen a pic or even heard of a goat sighting around there, glad to know they are out there.

Bike&Trek7
Id rather Be Outside

Bike&Trek7
Id rather Be Outside
PostThu Jul 12, 2018 12:50 pm 
Thanks for sharing, I'm interested in this area to explore soon

Old Growth is irreplaceable, I need to see it all before its gone. Lets protect it so you can see it too.
DadFly

DadFly
PostThu Jul 12, 2018 1:24 pm 
Great pics! Fat goat.

"May you live in interesting times"
Exmoor

Exmoor
PostThu Jul 12, 2018 2:51 pm 
The sandpiper is a Baird's Sandpiper. Perhaps the only shorebird to commonly make use of alpine habitats when migrating. Very neat.