Forum Index > Trail Talk > Wolves
Previous :: Next Topic  
ale_capone

ale_capone
PostTue Dec 12, 2017 9:35 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Never seen a wolf In Washington. Only tracks from a likely visiting member of another pack 3 or four winters ago. Teanaway pack, highway 2.

Monitors confirmed that members of the pack had disappeared during that time. Probably went back and told the pack it was too wet, and no food.😀

I did have the pleasure of watching a pack of a couple dozen elk hunting in grand Teton. Amazing team work and smarts. They divided into 2 groups. One strung out along a ridge, while the others waited in ambush. The ridge group gave Chase, isolating a small group, Nd hearded it towards the ambush group.

This happened at dusk, and lost light before the end game.. best road side action ever!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
ale_capone

ale_capone
PostTue Dec 12, 2017 9:35 am 
Oh, and one scary Yellowstone mini hike.

From a snowmachine, we hiked to a thermal feature. 2"s of fresh snow. Just me and my girl setting new tracks in sub 0 noisy crunch. Could barely see a few feet due too temps, and thermal action .

I heard a bunch of critters behind us, but only feets. Walking back out, our foot prints where covered by wolf tracks! Not sure how close they came, but not enough to spot one.

This was during the heyday of the druids.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostTue Dec 12, 2017 1:11 pm 
You think that there is a shoot now, shoot every time in this state!  lol.gif Go to Montana or Idaho where there is an honor system about eradicating Wolves.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostTue Dec 12, 2017 1:25 pm 
i seen wolves a couple times!!!!!!!

--------------
i NEVER walk 'way from a good EGO BOOST!!!!

i go to the FITNESS GYMS!!!!
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Dec 12, 2017 3:22 pm 
I seen wolves several times--in the Up Nort part of Wisconsin where the Finlanders are.  The wolves looked pretty mangy, nothing at all like the paintings and poses you see of "noble" wolves.

There was a report of one kind of stalking one of the loggers.  He started away to his pickup then remembered to go back and get his dog.  They left the area for the day.  He may have started carrying a thing that must not be mentioned after that happening.

--------------
What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
timberghost

timberghost
PostWed Dec 13, 2017 11:54 am 
Well we are just going to see the start of it. Weather its good or bad its your call
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Wolves
  Happy Birthday Alpine Andy, travis.diller!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: