Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Fight over Issaquah hillside
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
cascadeclimber

cascadeclimber
PostSat Jan 12, 2019 6:35 pm 
DIYSteve wrote:
Develop beyond existing road capacity and table traffic issues for some undetermined time in the future is standard east KC development strategy. FREEDOM!
And parking capacity. The Central Issaquah Plan requires only 0.9 parking spots per residential unit. I was at the meeting where this was questioned. The wizard on the city council told me "you don't understand modern development" and said that people living in the new developments wouldn't need cars; "they'll just walk everywhere".

If not now, when?
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jan 28, 2019 8:42 am 
I was born in Swellvue but grew up in Issaquah. Clark, Issy Jr. high, Issy High School (INDIANS thank you very much) I dont disagree with much of anything said here. Most of the comments are accurate enough and have their Merritt. There is no stopping or fixing what's going on there or in Western (read King, Snohomish and Pierce) Washington. I did the only practical thing, I escaped to Eastern Washington. Short of occasionally missing a few restaurants I dont regret moving one bit! up.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Jan 29, 2019 11:08 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Short of occasionally missing a few restaurants I dont regret moving one bit! up.gif
You don't appear to have missed many restaurants. clown.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.