Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostFri Jul 06, 2018 11:30 am 
Doppelganger wrote:
But not what we are talking about here, is it.
This thread has touched many topics. Physical security is one of them. The preponderance of people to magnify the risks when they feel like they lack control and to minimize risks where they have the illusion of control is a fascinating aspect of human behavior.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
huron

huron
PostFri Jul 06, 2018 12:18 pm 
Over the last few weeks, the camp and the road are much more tidy. The camp itself appears nicely groomed. Weeds are cut back along the fence line behind tents. Tents are generally in good order. The chained up kitten bothered me a bit, but on the whole no issues passing by to access the trail. Some of the roadside trash is gone. Physical security is really a non-issue. Worst thing that happens is you might see a partially clothed person airing out with van doors open on the road. In the camp, you really don't see people. If so, just one person at the front gate. I think most of the issues on the road are due to the posse surrounding the one large camper. You would think that after two years he would either move on or get his dilapidated rig towed.

Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostFri Jul 06, 2018 1:02 pm 
A little thread drift here; I am just curious: What is the reason for blocking out license plate numbers in photographs of vehicles parked in plain view of the public (as opposed to one parked in a private garage or enclosed area)? Those plates are openly visible to the public as it is, and required by law in most circumstances. I am just curious.

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Jul 06, 2018 1:05 pm 
Schenk wrote:
A little thread drift here; I am just curious: What is the reason for blocking out license plate numbers in photographs of vehicles parked in plain view of the public (as opposed to one parked in a private garage or enclosed area)? Those plates are openly visible to the public as it is, and required by law in most circumstances. I am just curious.
One reason, and I don't think it applies to that motorhome, is that bad people could look up your address and break into your house while you were out vacationing in your RV. That's all I know about it.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
huron

huron
PostFri Jul 06, 2018 1:21 pm 
Yes, if you want to go there and see it for yourself, go ahead. I do not want to be an enabler for any harrassing behavior. The picture serves to document a condition, not dox an offender. Google maps does the same.

Seventy2002

Seventy2002
PostFri Jul 06, 2018 4:47 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
One reason, and I don't think it applies to that motorhome, is that bad people could look up your address and break into your house while you were out vacationing in your RV. That's all I know about it.
In Washington one cannot "look up" vehicle license information. You have to make written request, identifying yourself, stating the reason you want the information, and pay a fee. Not really a practical way to identify burglary targets.

huron

huron
PostFri Jul 06, 2018 5:34 pm 
There are plenty of vehicle registration database services available from anywhere in the world without going thru the State. My point is, although I would like this guy to move on, I don't wish him any harm or want to be responsible for anyone else's behavior in harassing him. Takes 5 sec to erase the plate. Not sure why this would bother you. Anyway, things are looking better over there.

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostFri Jul 06, 2018 5:50 pm 
Sheez. Blurring license numbers is common sense courtesy. Just say no to doxing.