Forum Index > Trail Talk > What were your 2017 hiking stats?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ranger rock
One of the boys

ranger rock
One of the boys
PostWed Jan 24, 2018 11:05 am 
Slacked off a bit this year. hiked 58 times, walked 438 miles and gained 41,017 feet elevation gain. Last Feb I had severe anemia with a serum ferritin of 4, so I did not do much in the way of elevation gain until I got my iron reserves back up. Listen up ladies. I took 48,000IU of vitamin each day for two months and started taking proferrin hemi iron, these two things build up my iron stores and fixed the reason why I was losing so much iron in the first place. Don't even consider Novasure, it is very dangerous. Wore out two pair of shoes, but mosty it was my long walks in Seattle that did that. Started taking the ferry to Seattle and walking 8-13 miles every time.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Jan 24, 2018 12:18 pm 
Julia wrote:
My busiest year yet. I'm really enjoying being an old semi-retired woman! clown.gif 1,612.5 miles hiked/climbed 14 bears 2 Knee injections (osteoarthritis) 1 Sprain (ankle) 1 Broken bone (finger) 0 Hours watching television Climbed HoodX2, AdamsX2, Helens, Baker, Glacier Peak, EldoradoX2 & Rainier + This year I'll probably not get as many hiking miles in, but I'm adding Nordic skiing to my activities & working on better nutrition.
I enjoyed being retired as well.... 16 miles climbed/hiked...300 miles walking-wandering around my neighborhood 1500+ beers 0 bears 20 fish caught 0 sprains 0 broken bones 1800 hrs spent watching tv-movies Climbed 0 mountains 0 times Seems like we would be fairly compatible, want to go on a hike? wink.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Julia

Julia
PostThu Jan 25, 2018 10:27 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
16 miles climbed/hiked...300 miles walking-wandering around my neighborhood 1500+ beers 0 bears 20 fish caught 0 sprains 0 broken bones 1800 hrs spent watching tv-movies Climbed 0 mountains 0 times Seems like we would be fairly compatible, want to go on a hike? wink.gif
cheers.gif Looks more like what my stats will be for 2018! I've already slowed down a lot & Bridal Veil/Serene almost killed me today! crutches.gif

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostSat Jan 27, 2018 6:44 am 
up.gif 1500 beers is impressive that is quite a bit of arm elevation. winksmile.gif

Living in the Anthropocene