Forum Index > Trip Reports > Bighorn Cyn - Blue Spring - Nolina Cyn Loop, 12.16.17
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostMon Jan 08, 2018 5:15 pm 
This was my 1st time helping to guide a Canyoneers hike, so naturally I picked a longer hike in the desert. wink.gif The plan was to camp out w/fellow guides the night before in Pinyon Wash, but I basically wound up by myself since they showed up way late. However, the next night I moved camp a little further up the wash to set up next to them after they found a nice secluded spot. smile.gif We had lots of peeps show up for this one - both guides & general public. Some of the public were friends from my hiking meetup group since I'd posted the event on my pg. We broke into separate smaller groups, & while I started out being the only guide in my group, we soon came across 2 guides who somehow got away w/having no public w/them so we joined up w/them. dizzy.gif Sunrise @ 1st camp:
2nd camp further up the wash:
We started up Bighorn Canyon under cloudy skies. A bit later it began to sprinkle. I wondered if I'd regret leaving my rain jkt in the car, but as it turned out, it was just a brief little shower.
We found some deer & sheep bones along the way.
We continued on to Blue Spring, though the spring itself isn't exactly obvious. We saw some pipes & tanks in the area though.
We returned to the main wash after the spring, continued south, then headed east over the saddle connecting Bighorn Canyon w/Nolina Canyon. Atop the saddle we took lunch.
That night 4 of us guides had a nice campfire, dinner, wine, & conversation. campfire.gif hungry.gif souse.gif Then, off to bed for the next day's hike up Glorieta Canyon... wink.gif

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message