Forum Index > Trail Talk > A Paddler's Guide to the Olympic Peninsula is available
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
RodF

RodF
PostWed Jan 10, 2018 9:33 am 
"For many years Gary Korb’s guidebook, A Paddler’s Guide to the Olympic Peninsula (242 page book), was the primary source of information for paddlers who were in search of adventure in a landscape of deep forests, spectacular gorges, and ever-changing rivers. Out of print for two decades, we are pleased to report that Gary has given us permission to make his guidebook available in electronic format for a new generation of paddlers..." both online or for free download at American Whitewater.

"of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt" - John Muir "the wild is not the opposite of cultivated. It is the opposite of the captivated” - Vandana Shiva
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Fullripbrian

Fullripbrian
PostWed Jan 10, 2018 8:08 pm 
I’ve been a lurker for years and registered just to thank you for posting this link. I had given up hope that I’d ever get a chance to read “the bible”. I once knew a guy with a copy but that was ages ago. I’m just getting started with packrafting on the peninsula and there isn’t any better source of information out there. Much Appreciated!

JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest
PostWed Jan 10, 2018 9:02 pm 
Dang, my three horded copies just plummeted in value.

tmatlack

tmatlack
PostThu Jan 11, 2018 2:15 am 
I'm in. Tom

Gregory

Gregory
PostThu Jan 11, 2018 6:35 am 
Just spent a few looking through this again.I have this book in a box full of old maps somewhere, Used as a reference for exploring the canyons of the OP.Just looking threw it got my heart longing to do some canyoneering.Only people I would ever see in the canyons were these crazy,,,,,, We usually would stare at each other in disbelief for a few. Was $203 used on Amazon!