Forum Index > Trip Reports > Twin Peaks East Summit (Wenatchee)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostTue Feb 27, 2018 10:12 am 
Steve and I made the trip up to Twin Peaks once again with a blue sky forecast for the Wenatchee area, but blue skies were specific meaning right over Wenatchee we hiked a grinder up to a very cold summit with general cloud cover everywhere but East of us. We had partially consolidated snow on top of ice with an initial 4-6 inched of fresh powder increasing to probably a foot of new snow on top making the snow pack there around 3'. I had 4 layers and a Houdini wind shirt over them and that barely kept me warm on top while we had coffee and lunch with our back to the wind. 8 mi, 2000' r/t.
Summit a head.
Summit a head.
Untouched snow is a beautiful thing.
Untouched snow is a beautiful thing.
Waited to see if the wind would move the clouds away from Cashmere's summit but it never happened.
Waited to see if the wind would move the clouds away from Cashmere's summit but it never happened.
Once we up up on the East summit Three Bros. was the only summit clearly out of the clouds.
Once we up up on the East summit Three Bros. was the only summit clearly out of the clouds.
Mission Ridge / Peak
Mission Ridge / Peak
These icicles showed up on quite a few trees exposed to the SE, snow began to melt, then refroze it was so cold. Theses were not here when we initially hiked up.
These icicles showed up on quite a few trees exposed to the SE, snow began to melt, then refroze it was so cold. Theses were not here when we initially hiked up.

Living in the Anthropocene
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
iron

iron
PostTue Feb 27, 2018 11:33 am 
looks blue compared to seattle blue

wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostTue Feb 27, 2018 1:08 pm 
iron wrote:
looks blue compared to seattle blue
In every direction but the mountains, I told Steve that took double the energy of a late Spring hike the next time I go through there it will be for a traverse of the entire mountain. Spring training I guess. As we were down in the meadow area looking back it cleared off a lot which is the way these things play out too often. Good to get out though !

Living in the Anthropocene
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostTue Feb 27, 2018 1:27 pm 
If it was yesterday that you did this hike there is a good chance I am in this photo somewhere. We did most of our runs down the Bomber Cliffs. Yeah, clouds were coming and going but what a beautiful day.
wildernessed wrote:
Mission Ridge / Peak
Mission Ridge / Peak