Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > The Wussification Of The Washingtonian
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostTue Feb 20, 2018 10:39 am 
Jake's video really resonated with me since I grew up in Seattle. Thanks for the laughs, Jake, the final scene with J.P. Patches in the dumpster really had me laughing, since I was a big fan of that goofy clown! lol.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Waterman

Waterman
PostTue Feb 20, 2018 10:58 am 
I choked on my coffee when I saw that video was a Emmett Watson film. He warned us, and undoubtedly would have something to say.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostTue Feb 20, 2018 11:15 am 
Kinda eerie, isn't it? I wonder when that video was made?

Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostTue Feb 20, 2018 11:16 am 
What qualifies a person as an official "Washingtonian"? Do you have to speak native Lushootseed, or your great grandparents arrived on the Great Northern, or your parents moved here from east of the Rockies, or you moved here and started hiking in 2007? Somebody draw the line in the sand.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Feb 20, 2018 11:17 am 
Yes. Even if one grew up on the side of the state where JP Patches was only available on cable, it is funny and understandable. Spokane seems to be campaigning to get the evil Colifonians to move there. Oh well. That's a few hours away from here.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
cambajamba

cambajamba
PostTue Feb 20, 2018 11:46 am 
Does this really belong in this forum? Isn't Saloon for crap-posts like this?

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Feb 20, 2018 12:15 pm 
Cabin Creek
Cabin Creek

Stefan

Stefan
PostTue Feb 20, 2018 12:51 pm 
Bootpathguy wrote:
This morning ( can't remember the network ) they had a segment with a guest speaker on how to avoid... "frost bite"...They weren't targeting the backcountry folk. They were referring to your ordinary downtown street pedestrian.
Write to the station if you can find them. Tell it to the producer who does that segment. Here's the deal. The weather, or the sports group try to get as much air time in their little time as possible....they had NOTHING of interest to report on and try to get the LOCAL angle as much as possible...so they came up with this hairbrained idea. Tell them what a waste of time they did. And tell them to report on more ACTUAL games, i.e. other pac 12 games, rather than what Richard Sherman tweets about, or the practice for the Seahawks for their sports !

Art is an adventure.
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Feb 20, 2018 1:17 pm 
Riverside Laker wrote:
What qualifies a person as an official "Washingtonian"? Do you have to speak native Lushootseed, or your great grandparents arrived on the Great Northern...
No idea what "Lushootseed" is. My great grandparents? Depends on which side of the family you're talking about. On my maternal side, Captain Levi Scott came out west on the Oregon Trail and was the first postmaster somewhere in southeast Oregon. My maternal great grandmother and my maternal grandmother were both from Salem Oregon. The other maternal great grandfather landed at Ellis Island (from Skarmunken Norway) in 1903 and fished from a wooden rowboat at what is now known as "Ocean Shores" with a hook and a line. On the paternal side, they were all back east struggling to survive as sharecroppers on Midwest farms or cooking up whiskey in Tennessee. When my father was discharged from the Marines in 1931 they gave him his walking papers on a ship in Bremerton. He had no reason to go back to the Midwest- he always said that only a fool would live back there. Is that official enough?

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Feb 20, 2018 1:20 pm 
Ski wrote:
No idea what "Lushootseed" is.
The manliest of Washingtonians don't use google.

Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostTue Feb 20, 2018 1:44 pm 
And I'll add the frequent PSA's from KIRO, KOMO, KING & Q13 when a reported coyote, bobcat, bear or cougar is spotted in / near a neighborhood and / or school. Not reported because it's..."really cool to see" but because... "you'll probably be killed" The "bobcat" one the other day had me laughing. Lock your doors and hide your children in this particular neighborhood Were all Washington Wussies

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Feb 20, 2018 2:18 pm 
Riverside Laker wrote:
What qualifies a person as an official "Washingtonian"? Do you have to speak native Lushootseed, or your great grandparents arrived on the Great Northern, or your parents moved here from east of the Rockies, or you moved here and started hiking in 2007? Somebody draw the line in the sand.
Well, I'd guess it would be somebody living here a few years who isn't out to change our primitive way of life but it's a little late for that. Not sure if I still have my Louie Louie button. I do have a Church Of Elvis chalice but that is a Portland thing.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Feb 20, 2018 2:25 pm 
Quote:
The manliest of Washingtonians don't use google
I didn't even think it was a real word! lol.gif who knew?
Bootpathguy wrote:
"... the frequent PSA's from KIRO, KOMO, KING & Q13..."
^ yet another reason to not watch television. television makes you stupid. I don't need to be any more stupid than I already am.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Damian

Damian
PostTue Feb 20, 2018 4:09 pm 
Bedivere wrote:
It's all a bunch of young people who've hardly ever been outside
Really. Been up the Issaquah Alps lately?

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue Feb 20, 2018 4:39 pm 
Riverside Laker wrote:
You're born here. Drawn!

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers