Forum Index > Trip Reports > The North Bend Triple - 3/3/18
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
cascadeclimber

cascadeclimber
PostThu Mar 08, 2018 9:47 am 
How about you tack on whatever fourth hike you want and call it the "North Bend Triple Plus". I know several have added Rattlesnake. When I got done the only additional elevation gain I wanted to do was to a barstool to get a cold, tall beer.

If not now, when?
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Brushbuffalo

Location: there earlier, here now, somewhere later... Bellingham in between
Brushbuffalo
PostThu Mar 08, 2018 4:45 pm 
cascadeclimber wrote:
When I got done the only additional elevation gain I wanted to do was to a barstool to get a cold, tall beer.
That will be the protocal for this summer's Nooksack North Fork triple or quad or whatever the heck I (we !!) do....climb a stool at Chair Nine in Glacier for IPA and pizza! Who's in? ( you have time...too much snow this year to do it non-sloggingly before mid or late July...that is the trails, not the IPA and 'zza dizzy.gif ).

Passing rocks and trees like they were standing still
rstoddard24
BBQWingz

rstoddard24
BBQWingz
PostThu Mar 08, 2018 10:45 pm 
Nice! What you did is very similar to the Issy Alps 50K route. Just add little Si and connect them all together (the section up granite creek Tr, across the middle fork and to CCC is one of the best parts)! Ive done this route around the first big snowfall in the Fall the last two years, kinda a cool tradition to greet the winter

Just_Some_Hiker

Just_Some_Hiker
PostThu Mar 08, 2018 11:02 pm 
rstoddard24 wrote:
Nice! What you did is very similar to the Issy Alps 50K route. Just add little Si and connect them all together (the section up granite creek Tr, across the middle fork and to CCC is one of the best parts)! Ive done this route around the first big snowfall in the Fall the last two years, kinda a cool tradition to greet the winter
When the days are longer and the snow melts I'm going to take another stab at it. I'll definitely add in Washington, Little Si and maybe portions of Rattlesnake.

Jake Robinson

Jake Robinson
PostTue Jan 22, 2019 10:03 pm 
rstoddard24 wrote:
Been wanting to do this ever since I read this comment and finally decided to make it happen last weekend. Fun route, thanks for the idea! Definitely recommended to anyone looking for a good endurance challenge smile.gif Best part was the lush green and old growth on the Sitka Spruce trail. The route is about 13k of gain/loss and links Mailbox, Teneriffe, Si, and Little Si. We stashed some water at the old Teneriffe TH (school bus turnaround) which is roughly at the halfway point. As of last weekend there was almost no snow, though the top part of Teneriffe was a bit icy. The route is here: https://caltopo.com/m/UUMD

rstoddard24
BBQWingz

rstoddard24
BBQWingz
PostThu Jan 24, 2019 8:49 pm 
Jake glad to inspire you to go for this excellent route! Sitka spruce is a highlight. in 2017 I hit Sitka when fall colors were still close to prime - wow! This year that section was very muddy - I lost a shoe at one point! This year I waited until the Winter Solstice and did the route backwards. My sister joined me for mailbox, which we did solstice evening completely in the dark , summiting under full moon smile.gif