Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Internationally acclaimed DJ Avicii passes at 28.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostFri Apr 20, 2018 1:50 pm 
I would have posted this in the Music thread, but thought this talent deserved a bigger audience. There may be a Trance/House head or two out there in Saloon land. Here's a young man who produced many successful (Platinum) dance hits. Tim Bergling was Swedish musician, DJ, remixer and record producer. He died today in Muscat, Oman. The article in Billboard Magazine--quote: Bergling started out releasing music on Laidback Luke Forum in the late '00s, where DJs and producers would post music and seek feedback from budding peers. In 2011, he broke through to an international audience with the progressive house track "Levels," which hit No. 1 in his native Sweden and on the U.S. Billboard Dance Club Songs chart -- and earned him a Grammy nod. His 2012 David Guetta collab "Sunshine" earned him a Grammy nomination as well, and that same year, he became the first electronic artist to headline New York City's storied Radio City Music Hall. This is his Wikipedia entry. I normally avoid most music videos as they distract from the music and create dissonance in the listener. But several of Avicii's videos are quite cinematic. This is a hugely popular dance track and the video is entertaining.
This next one is a great track and the video shows the type of venue and crowds he was familiar with. This particular song would be great in this setting. Good energy.
~z

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostFri Apr 20, 2018 6:26 pm 
First thing my daughters hit me with when I got home this afternoon. "Did you hear about Avicii!" Sad day for music. Especially the DJ scene

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostThu Apr 26, 2018 6:39 pm 
He was far too young to go, and it sounds like he had a long and unfortunate history of substance abuse issues partially due to his fast rise to the upper echelons of fame (he was apparently very introverted and he didn't take well to the attention). But to be completely frank, the music world didn't lose anything special with his passing. He was a savant at producing and selling commercially appealing pop style house music, he was far from a musical genius in any sense. Billboard charting and Grammy noms are signs of commercial success these days, nothing else. The fact that he was nominated for a track he collaborated with David Guetta on speaks volumes.