Forum Index > Trail Talk > Survey on sexual harassment and assault in climbing (closes May 6)
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Oct 03, 2018 5:41 pm 
Thanks for proving me wrong Wastral. dizzy.gif

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Frango

Frango
PostWed Oct 03, 2018 7:35 pm 
Tom wrote:
Thanks for proving me wrong Wastral. dizzy.gif
Tom - he is a prime example of the 10% I spoke of earlier. rolleyes.gif

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Oct 03, 2018 7:58 pm 
Sorry, but I have to laugh at the ridiculousness of the last part of that. Women are the civilizing factor in society. If it was only men, we'd be living out of our backpacks and eating each other.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Oct 03, 2018 8:14 pm 
Wastral wrote:
"If men waited for women to pursue them in marriage..."
Again, apologies if this is out of line, but: It's not my fault you either (A) just weren't meeting the right women, or (B) weren't seen as desirable enough for a woman to ask you to marry them. I've had no fewer than three women in my life come right out and ask me to marry them. I actually took one of them up on the offer, but that's another story. (I may have left out a few there, but I'm not counting the offers that were most likely the result of indulging in too much grain alcohol.) Your statement is simply not reality-based.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Oct 03, 2018 9:05 pm 
Wastral wrote:
PS: If he is a handsome man, then flirting is perfectly acceptable towards any woman
Man this guy really doesn't have a clue. For example: My daughter is gay and she is sick and tired of *any* man flirting and/or offering comments on her appearance. Mansplaing and manspreading are some other pet peeves. Wastral, it sounds like have failed flirting 101, but that's your problem -- perhaps related to your thinking about whether women should be treated as human beings.

Damian

Damian
PostWed Oct 03, 2018 9:56 pm 
With all respect to those who have participated here in good spirit I am locking this thread. The discussion no longer aligns with the original topic in a constructive manner, it does not relate to the hiking charter of this site, and is otherwise bringing out the worst in people. We request that participation is civil and respectful. Repeated warnings have not been effective.