Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Strength in numbers or?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostFri May 04, 2018 11:49 am 
NYC is to SEA as SEA is to Omak. I love NYC, but I'd have to be a millionaire to live there. Living in SEA is easy. At least three neighbors have a key to my house. We put a gate in the fence between us and our backyard neighbor so we could more easily take care of each others critters. The lady across the street texts or calls any time anyone goes to our house, she'll put our Amazon orders in for us. Great diverse neighborhood. Kids playing basketball in the street and riding bikes, tons of dog walkers going by at all hours. Been there 24 years and still love it. 8600 sqft lot with a 1200 sqft house- perfect all the way around.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostFri May 04, 2018 12:22 pm 
coldrain108 wrote:
NYC is to SEA as SEA is to Omak.
That's about right.
coldrain108 wrote:
I love NYC, but I'd have to be a millionaire to live there.
H'mm I don't think 1 million is really enough -- ten million is more like it.
coldrain108 wrote:
Living in SEA is easy
After living in NYC for two years -- flying back to Seattle -- the emotional impression coming in for a landing was -- how green and how small. SeaTac airport is equivalent to one terminal of JFK -- which has eight terminals. The amount of time one spends flying over urban areas devoid of green is almost non-existant for SeaTac -- vs quite extensive for JFK. Now when Seattlites complain about traffic and tolls -- I laugh and reflect on how much experience filters and changes how we perceive things.

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker
PostFri May 04, 2018 3:55 pm 
DIYSteve wrote:
There's not enough room nor resources on the planet for everyone to live a mile from their nearest neighbor.
^^^^ This. plus I can do all the yardwork my postage stamp lot needs squeezed into few minutes here and there, which leaves me more free time to hike and bike in the wilds, which are nearer thanks to the local area pushing Urban Growth Boundaries, forcing higher density "in town" with drastically more open area just minutes away. I find living on larger chunks of lands does not eliminate obnoxious neighbors, the neighbors just seem to find louder and more dramatic ways to be obnoxious on bigger chunks of land.

friluftsliv